My New Scooter

Name
Stuart or just Stoo!
Edit My Images
Yes
Have just bought this new toy, built by LML (India) under licence from Vespa it's the latest 200cc, with a 4 stroke engine (always been 2 stroke until recently) and a few extras of my own taste. There's a couple of other bits I'm waiting to be delivered but this is basically how it's going to be.

Maybe a big aerial and a big fox tail, but it would have to be a faux fox (try saying that after a few beers :LOL: ) Apart from photography this is my other major passion and I've been riding them about 30 years now, so this is not just a 'mid life crisis' :D

8511061742_33fa1abb00_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8509952185_359855cd18_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8509953897_3d4d56cff1_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

All those mirrors - haha

Can't say much about the photography. They look more like snaps of your new toy you wanted to show off.

For now they are just snaps of the new toy, I only really took them to email to a friend. When I've got it all done I'll be looking for a nice location and nice day to do it some justice.

I think riding to Ayr might be pushing it a bit, 300 or so miles is a bit far for me nowadays, but I've been up to Girvan before but it was about a 7 + hour trip and I was a lot younger. I'll definitly be checking some of the more local rallies out though. Keep The Faith!

Ha ha. Mods indeed. Poor misguided fools:D:D

I used to have a scooter just like yours back in 1967....:LOL:

So did I in 67, wish I still had it, worth a small fortune now they are.

awsome always wanted a scooter can i ask how much one costs ?

I picked this one up for £2600 about a fortnight ago. It's a 2012 plate and when I got it there was only 12 miles on the clock. It had cost the guy £3300 when he first got it so it works out it cost him around £58 per mile :LOL:

For a new 125cc learner legal you can get them around £2200 new though, just have a look on google for a dealer. They are great to ride and with all the scooter clubs about there's a great camaraderie to it all. I can't wait to get some decent weather and to find a good location for some really good pics.

Jeff and Derek, the older models, when all original and in good condition, can go for double what I paid and more. I know a guy who paid £5700 for a 1963 Vespa GS 160 and then spent another £1800-2000 getting it all done up and he hasn't even got a licence yet and he keeps it in his living room.

Last edited:
Quick question Stuart. How fast are the LML 200cc four strokes ?

Ha ha. Mods indeed. Poor misguided fools:D:D

As Im sure you know Brash, Skinheads were an evolution from the Mods. :rules:

Quick question Stuart. How fast are the LML 200cc four strokes ?

Hi Gary, I'm still running it in at the moment, only done around 150 miles on it so far, but it easily gets into the high 50's without pushing it. The 125cc 2 stroke was restricted to a top speed of 50 but it was very sluggish up hills and in a head wind. At times on a big hill I'd be struggling at 25-30mph. The 200cc is a breeze going up the same hill at 40+mph without pushing it at all.

Once run in I reckon it should go 65+, but the main reason I got it was for the better torque for going up hills. It's a very smooth ride compared to the 2 strokes and a lot quieter, I keep thinking it's stalled at traffic lights cause I can't hear anything :LOL:

Photography is not good, sorry, as said just snaps, been better if you had picked some decent background, and i hate scooters anyway.

Photography is not good, sorry, as said just snaps, been better if you had picked some decent background, and i hate scooters anyway.

Had a bad day?

To the op enjoy your scooter, mind the pot holes.

Last edited:
As Im sure you know Brash, Skinheads were an evolution from the Mods. :rules:

Yes indeed we were because Mods were too namby pamby. Things had to be toughened up a bit and taken back to working class basics and less of the flouncy airy fairy way the Mods had taken it by the late 60's.:p:D

I think I must be a cross of mod and skinhead TBH, I started off a mod and my hairline has naturally deteriorated into a skinhead lol. Brash, I know how you mean with the way things had gone by the late 60's, there's still an air of it going on today with some 'mods' deciding they are way above the rest of us.

Bill, if you've ever been on lincoln's roads you'd know there's more pot-holes than road lol.

I'm really looking forward to finding a good location and getting some decent photos done, but as I said, these were only done to email them to a mate really.

I think I must be a cross of mod and skinhead TBH, I started off a mod and my hairline has naturally deteriorated into a skinhead lol. Brash, I know how you mean with the way things had gone by the late 60's, there's still an air of it going on today with some 'mods' deciding they are way above the rest of us.

Thankfully, even as I trundle through middle age, I still have a full head of hair. No baldy patches or receding lines here;)

There's snobbery in every walk of life mate, we have it also. Some of these gits go on about the most trivial of things and make out you're not a proper Skinhead if you wear so and so or don't wear this that and the other. Eejits. There's more to it than just dress: working class morals, standards, ethics and pride, attention to detail etc etc to name but a few but you know all that already. Others may not tho.

Take care pal;);)

Oh, and even tho I've never been into scooters, I like the simplicity of yours, nice colours too.(y)

Last edited:
Thankfully, even as I trundle through middle age, I still have a full head of hair. No baldy patches or receding lines here;)

There's snobbery in every walk of life mate, we have it also. Some of these gits go on about the most trivial of things and make out you're not a proper Skinhead if you wear so and so or don't wear this that and the other. Eejits. There's more to it than just dress: working class morals, standards, ethics and pride, attention to detail etc etc to name but a few but you know all that already. Others may not tho.

Take care pal;);)

Oh, and even tho I've never been into scooters, I like the simplicity of yours, nice colours too.(y)

Perfectly put.

Mods, Skinheads :thumbsdown: all the same to me, us Teds, Rockabillies and Rockers used to give them a good thrashing.:LOL: ;)

Like it!!...Mods, Rockers, Teds, skins...like them or hate them they are icons of our past, well still some in the present! What do we have now....snobs and chavs..and as much as I dislike the chavs, give me one over a snob anyday.
I see you're in Lincoln Stuart...do you visit the Skegness scooter rally's?

Hi Martyn, I do go to the Skegness rallies most of the time, I missed the last one though, and I also go to a few others such as Scarborough, Bridlington, Great Yarmouth and a couple of others. In my younger and single days, late 70's to mid 80's, I went just about everywhere and even did a Lands End to John O'Groats (all of us on 50cc scooters at 30mph max) run for charity at one point.

There's a Mayday weekender coming up in Cambridge and I'll hopefully be down for that, or at least some of it. There seems to be a bit of a resurgence at the moment, I keep seeing a few scooters around that I haven't recognised.

Lands End to John O'Groats (all of us on 50cc scooters at 30mph max) run for charity at one point.
Great work, Nice one.. perhaps i am liking scooters a little more.(y)

Like it!!...Mods, Rockers, Teds, skins...like them or hate them they are icons of our past, well still some in the present! What do we have now....snobs and chavs..and as much as I dislike the chavs, give me one over a snob anyday.
I see you're in Lincoln Stuart...do you visit the Skegness scooter rally's?
Couldn't agree more.(y)
Hemsby Norfolk this weekend is the place to be, my son and daughter are there. A first of the many through out the year....

I got to a few scooter rallys up here through the year

If you want scooters, come down to the Isle of Wight for August bank holiday weekend. It's as if every scooter every made turns up and they leave the smell of two stroke oil lingering for a couple of weeks!

Hemsby Norfolk this weekend is the place to be

I have been there a few times playing at the rock n roll weekender which is held twice a year.

Steve.

Last edited:
Mods, Skinheads :thumbsdown: all the same to me, us Teds, Rockabillies and Rockers used to give them a good thrashing.:LOL: ;)

No smelly, greasy, grebo could ever take a Skin. The end!!!!:cool:

Back