My new toy! & a busted up sofa...

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
I noticed this place the other day and really wanted to test it out and see if I could get any decent photos. Using friends for models, it was a fun shoot, but I think there's more I could do there if I get thinking. I just hope they don't take it away!

And this morning I received the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 I just bought from 'alexisonfire' via the forum, so I had to test it out! It'll get tested in low light situation on Friday when I'm off nightclub 'togging :)

Let me know what you think, and more from the shoot on Flickr, as always! :D

I quite like No.2

But the rest don't have enough contrast between the model and the background.

Shame the sofa isn't a slightly bolder colour. Alternatively move it against a darker wall.

no.1 - is posed good but I think the sky at the top isn't right and the angle of the sofa, roof line and the shot don't mesh well (??)

no.2 is nice - nice composition and using the grass is great, but I find the white sqaure and cable at the top VERY distracting. processing is better than no.1 too

no.3 - is probably my favourite, great tilt, and pose and the enhanced colours pop a bit, but I find there's a bit of clutter to the background. (white box, cone, brick wall etc.) it draws focus away from the model. use a tighter crop to lose it - but yeah one of my faves from the set

no.4 I like the processing of this one and the boosted contrast against the lighter colours works well. interesting angle too. nice.

no.5 slightly overexposed? his face merges with the wall (or processing thing)

no.6 is a nice pose but for some reason I'd have liked the female model try it, his arm does look distorted in proportion to his head but I'd expect it from that angle and with a close up at the low end of the lens

Last edited:
Yes - #2 is the shot I like best. Good overall control in composition, pose of model and processing. The choice of clothing works well.

Like Oli, I find that square white panel a bit distracting - it might be worth considering a crop, or even cloning it out?

As there were a couple of you there - I would have been tempted to move the sofa a little further from the wall for a few shots - so that it, and your model have a little more dominance in the image.

I'm assuming it's still there? - In which case you could maybe go back and do soem more shots, s this location looks like it has some good potential.

Well done.

Back