Beginner My niece

I like that. Lovely expression, nice and sharp on the eyes, connection with the subject and a good conversion to B&W.

The crop is a little unusual, as they say rules are there to be broken. If you'd asked her to take half a step to her left you'd have a clean background without the dark section above her shoulder. That, with a little more room at the top (a step back from you) would have got her eyes on the horizontal third and her right eye on a vertical third. If the last bit doesn't make sense, Google rule of thirds.

Very competent shot, way better than my early shots. Well done.

Welcome to the forum, the picture look very good to me. Sharp focus and well exposed, also a interesting crop making it a little different to a normal head and shoulder portrait.

I like it. As has been said there are so called rules in photography, who made them is a mystery. Do what you like, sod the rules. If we all followed these rules it would be a pretty damn boring place. [emoji23]

I love the expression on your niece's face, but I do have to agree with the crop. Do you have the photo with her hair line in it? If so just take the crop out slightly to include her fair line and it'll help from her face! Boring rule I know, but I feel it works.

Fabulous ! Geat contact with the viewer/exspression spot on. Very nice light she looks very 3d.

Gaz

"did I mention I like it" :)

Back