.... My Other 'Arab' Lady.

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Another consideration for my Egyptian comp here folks.
Honest opinions on this one too please.
I wasnt going to use this one as the model is a pale 'Blighty bird' but I kind of like it as I think the hands/nails have a more central focus.
What do you think?

photobucket2696591copy.jpg

Another technically good shot Glo, and well lit.

What bugs me about this one is that the eye tends to follow the line of the hands upwards, then picks up the line the eyes are looking in and you're straight out of the top of the shot.

I think the eyes are too close to the top of the frame for the upward gaze pose to work well. If she was looking at her hands or into camera it would work better, or even as it is if she had more space at the top?

This is good. Looks like she's "praying"...

I agree with CT. I first looked at the eyes and then my eyes went out of the top of the shot. It was the second glance that caught the nails.

Can't fault the colours and the lighting though. Oh and the nails are pretty darn good too (y)

Darker background as well, perhaps. To my eye it should look as though it was shot in a shaded area lit by reflected bright sunlight (deserts have a lot of that)...
The light here is too omni-directional - it should be more directed from the side - just one softbox and a reflector, perhaps?

Great eyes though (oh and the nails are very nice too...).

I don't really have a real issue with the pose as I kind of see where you're going with this - check out the old 'sword and sandal' epics on DVD for more ideas with poses and lighting - 'Ben-Hur' and all that lot.

The light here is too omni-directional - it should be more directed from the side - just one softbox and a reflector, perhaps?
I totally agree, I even thought about trying to do something with it in PS but didnt get around to trying.
Id literally pulled my lights from the box for the first time half hour before I shot this one and took them to the other model's house the next day for their first proper outing.
I havent had time to practice setting them up at all before doing this ...stupid I know!
Ive now got plenty of free time coming up though, also have a lovely model (of the plastic kind) who wont mind sitting for hours while I try different combinations with her.
Thanks for your input Rob, its really appreciated ... oh and the eyes, colour courtesy of PS. ;)

The eyes, the face are beautiful, but the nails .... urrrgghhh ... sorry, but I find them horrid. Maybe I've just got a thing against long nails.

The eyes, the face are beautiful, but the nails .... urrrgghhh ... sorry, but I find them horrid. Maybe I've just got a thing against long nails.

Oi! I worked my ass off on those blooming talons!!!! :razz:

Actually, dont like em much either but the picture was for a photographic nail competition, and we have to tie the theme (Egypt) into work on the nails.

Tbh, I can get away with more mistakes in the photography dept than I can with the nails! :shrug:

You are forgiven:exit: ...stage right
nuf sed

Back