My Panamoz Order Diary

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
As there have been a few threads and discussions on Panamoz recently I though I would provide an order diary in order for people to see the process, how long it takes, and see if there any hiccups.

Day 1 03/03/14
Place a BACS request with Panamoz for a 6D and 24-105. Fill out the form and send through to Panamoz online. I receive no confirmation which is a bit disconcerting, although I checked the HK time and it was about midnight.

Day 2 04/03/14
I receive an email from Tina at Panamoz with an invoice for the items and details on how to pay the BACS. I pay immediately and I email Tina to confirm I have paid. Tina confirms receipt and tells me they will email when dispatched.

I dont understand I placed a BACS request 4 times over the last week and no reply,also sent 3 emails.

I didn't use the BACS method, but confirmation of payment receipt was very prompt, and goods were dispatched within 24 hours, along with tracking details.

An almost seamless transaction, and the goods arrived ahead of the estimated date.

Impressive!!.

Dave

I have received all my correspondence from ditlcs@gmail.com so maybe try that? Failing that try calling around 10am as that appear to be a good time to speak to them.

No dispatch notice today, I will update the thread when I receive it.

Just received the dispatch notice stating delivery in 3-5 days and a tracking number included. Getting excited now!

Ok I used my other email address and got a reply within an hour, coincidence maybe.Will keep you informed of developments.
I must let you know Dave that I originally bought a 6D from Digitalrev but it came with a fault(Err 20) and it worried me that a few people have encountered this even after a few months so I sent it back and it took nearly a month for a refund.I had to pay £118.00 to send which I have yet to see refunded to me.Thats why I bit the bullet and went for the 5D mkiii as the problem seems less inherent.But I guess I was just unlucky.

Just received the dispatch notice stating delivery in 3-5 days and a tracking number included. Getting excited now!

Just a small update, I checked the UPS tracker that says it's still in HK but will be delivered on Monday.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come with an ERR20 as I am going to New Zealand and Thailand in April!

Won't comment on panamoz or grey import but you'll love Thailand. We're there at the moment and 90% of my images are 5dmk3 with 24-105

Won't comment on panamoz or grey import but you'll love Thailand. We're there at the moment and 90% of my images are 5dmk3 with 24-105

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it. Where are you? We are going to Phuket (2nights), Koh Yao Yai (2 nights), PhiPhi (3nights), Koh Lanta (2nights) and then back to Phuket for a night home. I'll be taking the new 6D and 24-105 and a 50mm, I have contemplated getting a 40mm or a 35mm f2 but I think I will stick with what I have got

Spent 3 days in Bangkok, spent time at the protests in the evenings, very peaceful, good place to go.
Currently in chiang mai, just got back from the women's prison and a few wats. Good places in the heat of the afternoon. Mad dogs and englishmen etc. Been to the monk chat, very interesting all around and the wats are beautiful buildings.
Heading to the elephants tomorrow, then off to chiang rai, the kong samui? Beach down south somewhere for a few days before back to Babcock for a day before flying home. Through in a day in Bangkok as I didn't want to spend 24 hours travelling.
Got some great pics so far, mostly street.

Koh Samui? Leave it in good order please: we'll be there in September!

Just checked the online parcel tracking system and it says that it has been left with a neighbour.... I think this could be a long day!

Can't say I'm happy that their courier was content to leave it with a neighbour to be honest. I wouldn't want anything of that value left anywhere!

Will Panamoz deliver to a work address (i.e. one other than the billing address?).

I suppose if you're using bank transfer, they'll deliver to anywhere you like as there's no card billing address to match up to.

I suppose if you're using bank transfer, they'll deliver to anywhere you like as there's no card billing address to match up to.

It depends how much you like your neighbours, I get on with mine well. I can see why you would be concerned though.

Not well enough to trust them with items worth four figures! :p

I placed my BACS order Monday & had an email from Tina this morning, just paid so will wait for tomorrow's reply.

They are sending to my work address no problem..

Just got a D800, Cf card, Grip and spare battery delivered from panamoz with change back from £1800.
There are zero markings on the box about toy parts. It states it is photographic equipment and has 'caution, lithium batteries etc' (can prove with pictures for any doubters). There were no customs charges at all.
English plugs and manuals. Everything in top condition. The only flaw was the camera menu was in japanese (easily changed to english).
Ordered Thursday, delivered Wednesday.
10/10!

Reactions: ST4
There were no markings about a toy camera on my box, it was marked photographic equipment and was well packed. My 6D was in English but had an Asian plug and a UK adapter. Overall I'm very happy and would buy again.

What did the customs documents say?

I ordered a Canon 1.4x MkIII converter through a BACS form on the 4th March, I got the Invoice on the 5th, paid straight away and emailed Tina to confirm the payment. I got the dispatch email with tracking number on the 7th and received the package on the 10th. Another perfect transaction from Panamoz, also marked up as Photographic Equipment with a figure that must of been in Dollars as it was more than the amount I paid in UK Sterling. I can't remember what the actual figure was and I don't know what the currency rate is exactly but the value must of been around £300 which is around the amount I paid. I can't find the piece of paper with the actual amount on at the minute, I might have binned it and the bins have been taken this morning.

I've also had a EOS M kit and a Canon 24-70 f2.8L II lens since Christmas and both have been labelled correctly with correct values. I had to pay an extra £27.something when I got the EOS M kit through and that was refunded within 10 minutes of me sending a scanned copy of the receipt through to Panamoz, but they had already warned me there would be something extra to pay by email and the details how to get the refund. Excellent service every time.

I ordered a Canon 6D with BACS payment last month on a Friday evening, got the payment details next day (price had gone down!) on a Saturday, paid and on Monday I got the UPS tracking number and it was delivered in 3-4 days. All in order!

More valuable would be knowing what happens when anyone needs to use the warranty and how the process works!

Got my tracking number on Thursday and my order will be delivered on Monday!

Excellent service. (y)

Got my tracking number Friday at 8pm and UPS say it will be delivered Monday.

Delivered this morning at 8.25, I checked the label and the declared value was 95HKD (Hong Kong Dollars) so maybe that's how they get round the customs thing.

Very happy with my purchase and the service received and will certainly buy from them again.

Delivered this morning at 8.25, I checked the label and the declared value was 95HKD (Hong Kong Dollars) so maybe that's how they get round the customs thing.

What did you order?

Yes, it is. However, it also means that you are now a criminal. Knowingly paying too little import duty and/or VAT is a crime.

Yes, it is. However, it also means that you are now a criminal. Knowingly paying too little import duty and/or VAT is a crime.

Quote from their website >> ** We will pay for all import and customs charges, under all circumstances. There will be no additional charges. **

I am not dishonest nor a criminal and if I would have got a bill I would have paid it.

A 95HKD flash unit..

£7.35 delivered for a flash? Not a bad price then.

But as an aside the writing on the Panamoz site has no legal basis for you to believe it to be true unless you received an invoice showing either a VAT number or UK duty paid number.

You actually have a legal duty to advise HMRC that an item you imported arrived with false details on the declaration (if you believe the details are indeed false). Failing to do so is a criminal offence (but that's on your conscience and it's your call).

£7.35 delivered for a flash? Not a bad price then.

But as an aside the writing on the Panamoz site has no legal basis for you to believe it to be true unless you received an invoice showing either a VAT number or UK duty paid number.

You actually have a legal duty to advise HMRC that an item you imported arrived with false details on the declaration (if you believe the details are indeed false). Failing to do so is a criminal offence (but that's on your conscience and it's your call).

I will contact them tomorrow and see what they say, thanks for your input.

Sarcastic comments, or one liners designed to be inflammatory are not required.
Thread tidied, as you were folks (y)

Quote from their website >> ** We will pay for all import and customs charges, under all circumstances. There will be no additional charges. **

I am not dishonest nor a criminal and if I would have got a bill I would have paid it.
OK, so what you do is this.
* Contact HMRC, explain that the parcel was labelled wrongly and that you haven't paid the proper import duty and VAT.
* Pay the sum due to HMRC and make sure you get a receipt or some other documentation.
* Send it to the retailer and ask them to reimburse you.

That way everything's 100% legal and you haven't paid a penny more than you have currently. Simples!

Back