My photo journal site

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. I know I'm new here and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this but I have built a site called journography.net which is a free photo journal site.

The idea is that you can 'mark' one moment a day and build up a timeline of shots.

I'd love your thoughts as photographers! There are a few bugs im working through but it's getting there!

Cheers guys

Mike

Last edited:
I guess I posted this too early in my time here :(

Sorry didn't mean to be spammy - ill ask again another day :D

Content Submitted Or Made Available For Inclusion On The Service

Please read this section carefully before posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any Content to the site. By submitting content to the site you are granting Journography a worldwide, Non exclusive license to use the content and are representing and warranting to Journography That the content is owned or duly licensed by you, and that Journography is free to publish, Distribute and use the content as hereinafter provided for without obtaining permission Or license from any third party. In consideration of Journography's agreement to allow you to post Content to the Site and Journography's agreement to publish such Content and for other valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby expressly and irrevocably acknowledged, you agree with Journography as follows:

1. You acknowledge that:

a. By uploading your photographs or graphic works to Journography you retain full rights to those works that you had prior to uploading.

b. By posting Content to the Site you hereby grant to Journography a non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content in connection with the Services. This license will exist for the period during which the Content is posted on the Site and will automatically terminate upon the removal of the Content from the Site;

c. The license granted to Journography includes the right to use your Content fully or partially for promotional reasons and to distribute and redistribute your Content to other parties, web-sites, applications, and other entities, provided such Content is attributed to you in accordance with the credits (i.e. username, profile picture, photo title, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information) if any and as appropriate, all as submitted to Journography by you;

d. Journography makes no representation and warranty that Content posted on the Site will not be unlawfully copied without your consent. Journography does not restrict the ability of users and visitors to the Site to make low resolution or ‘thumbnail' copies of Content posted on the Site and you hereby expressly authorize Journography to permit users and visitors to the Site to make such low resolution copies of your Content; and

e. Subject to the terms of the foregoing license, you retain full ownership or other rights in your Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Content.

2. You represent and warrant that:

a. You are the owner of all rights, including all copy rights in and to all Content you submit to the site;

b. You have the full and complete right to enter into this agreement and to grant to Journography the rights in the Content herein granted, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to any other person in connection with the use by Journography of the Content as contemplated herein; and

c. The Content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order.

You shall not have any right to terminate the permissions granted herein, nor to seek, obtain, or enforce any injunctive or other equitable relief against Journography, all of which such rights are hereby expressly and irrevocably waived by you in favour of Journography.

... I have built a site called journography.net which is a free photo journal site.

I'd love your thoughts as photographers!

I really don't think that you want to hear my thoughts!

Hey, thanks for replying. I'm happy to discuss it, the terms and conditions are ones I was advises to use when I was setting up. They are not meant to be in anyway underhand! :(

Apologies if this has offended you. I'm happy to take the section out completely to be honest as I was a little worried it was too strong! It was written for me following legal advice as I have been a little worried about all of the bad things that people can (and do) upload and cause me lots of legal pain! This section was part of that service and was written for me.

edit: I have removed the section from the site and I certainly wouldnt abuse the photos uploaded - not my intention at all.

to be honest i am now quite embarrassed :(

Last edited:
Back