My picture of the week

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm happy with this one....

9243704351_32e4753381_c.jpg

This is really good. Would have been elevated to great with a little fill on the face IMHO. Still like it though!

Bit distracted by the twig to the model's left (right side of photo) just below knee level.

S

Last edited:
Lightened slightly think it works?

Untitled.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Really nice shot, but I can't figure out if the face would be better with more or less light.
Shame you never got one with a reflector adding some to compare
Im not on computer, but on the laptop, the edit looks a bit blotchy to me
Still a lovely shot you should be happy with

I like the idea, lighting generally is great except for the light on the poor model!

Ideally, for me, some more fill light is needed on the model, but otherwise darken her face a little as there is some very weird lighting on her face, probably the dappled light through the branches, and it is emphasised even more in Steve (sbowler579)'s edit.

I appreciate your opinions but it was a silouette shot. If I wanted to see her face in the image I could have popped a bit of light from a snoot, but then it wouldn't have been a silouette lol..lighting the image to see her face was not the point.

It might sound arty farty but not seeing the models face was supposed to enhance the shot, not take it away..

The fact that I have had to explain this means I didn't do that well enough :)..

The great thing is this image has inspired me to create a theme and a series of images using the various models that I have available to me :)

So... Coming soon...

Last edited:
I appreciate your opinions but it was a silouette shot. If I wanted to see her face in the image I could have popped a bit of light from a snoot, but then it wouldn't have been a silouette lol..lighting the image to see her face was not the point.

It might sound arty farty but not seeing the models face was supposed to enhance the shot, not take it away..

The fact that I have had to explain this means I didn't do that well enough :)..

The great thing is this image has inspired me to create a theme and a series of images using the various models that I have available to me :)

So... Coming soon...

I think that if the model had her back to you, it would have worked as you proposed IMHO

looking forward to your upcoming series.

S

I like it as it is, great shot (y)

I too would prefer more light on the actual subject- perhaps add a touch of fill light in Camera Raw ( Photoshop CS5)

Les (y)

It might sound arty farty but not seeing the models face was supposed to enhance the shot, not take it away.

Not so, i think it has enhanced it not seeing her face, i like the original, your image, your vision (y)

The original one works well for me - yes it's a little dark on her - but the image as a whole is really nice - good work

This just doesn't work for me at all. It's a combination of the heavy vignette and the shape of the branches framing the subject that convince my brain it's heavily fish eyed, whilst everything else about it tells me it's not.

I find it quite confusing and uncomfortable to view. To be fair though, I'm still a complete noob so what do I know?

If it was a full silouhette it would work, but as it wasn't, like Shaheed, I want some fill-in on her face. Nice shot and nice idea.

I like the original silhouette shot, The whole point is that you can't see the models face, this leaves you wanting, especially after looking at her body and the silhouette of the dress which is nearly see thru!

Back