My Portrait Thread

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
I'm just going to pile all the random portraits that I would like to share, in this thread...

JMP_3704.png

Last edited:
Thanks Stan, though he doesn't want it cut and I'm not after opinions on his hair, just the image.

Lovely image

His hair is fine, he is a young lad, not in the Army

H

Last edited:
Nice sharp shot and great composition, like this.

Thanks all, I love strong backlighting and the dream-like haze it creates.

My better half at the motocross GP earlier this year.

k_gp.png

My son at the motocross GP, on the start straight after the podium presentation.

r_gp.png

Hey Joe (avoids Hendrix style singing in my own head)

LOVE the last one painting the door - nice mono conversion. Can't decide if the vignette is just right or a bit too heavy. Great eye contact and fab expression!

S

Thanks Shaheed. The vignette is indeed quite strong, perhaps too strong for some, but I thought it worked well with the texture of the flaky-paint door, the DoF and the balance of the image (opposite the subject).

My good friend and his other half. Very marmite of course, but I like it. he did too.

G_O.png

I like your style. You've captured more than just the standard smiley kids shots.

Some great shots there matey - I think the only one that definately isn't my cup of tea is the portrait of your friend and his other half which you've already said is a marmite shot anyway.. :LOL:

Good thread, B&W's are spot on (y)

Thanks Marcus. The marmite shot was taken with the lens unmounted - you can get some great effects.
this one is gorgeous the concentration on her face says it all "don't even need to know what she's doing" (y)
Thanks very much Mike, I too love this one. He's a boy, though :)

Im liking all these much better than the facebook cheesey shots you see alot of:) theses are all real moments and will be great to look back on over the years:)

Back