Critique My Style

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
World Endurance Championship Aston Martin Racing of Alex McDowell at Silverstone 2014.

This image is more my style compare to the previous black and white vintage style from last time. Again quite a contrast but i think it works.

For me I'm sorry this doesn't work, I'm all for wider shots like this and have seen some stunning examples of the style on these boards over the years, but first thing that I notice about this is how badly affected by heat haze it is and the second thing is where is the car going! As nearly everything visible is grass so for me I don't think that your location on the track suits this style of photo

As above, you almost get the impression the Aston is going to cut across the grass to get to some track. Just my initial thought.

I'm wondering if, for what you want, you'd need a bit of elevation, so as to see some of the tarmac the car is traversing?

It was taken on the exit apex on the otherside of the becketts complex at silverstone. Car is on the entry to it so is heading to the right out of shot. Its the low angle i was going for. The reason i like it is because its diffrent from the usual shot. I appreciate honesty its what i have been looking for to improve.

It was taken on the exit apex on the otherside of the becketts complex at silverstone. Car is on the entry to it so is heading to the right out of shot. Its the low angle i was going for. The reason i like it is because its diffrent from the usual shot. I appreciate honesty its what i have been looking for to improve.
You can tell (looking from the viewer's perspective), that it's going to move around and come back around on the tarmac at the front of the image, but the first glance is crucial really and it's not immediately clear. I suppose knowing the track helps! I still think a shade more elevation would make it easier (at least for me).

I am a heat haze nut so its a hats off for me for giving this ago but I would lose the tarmac in the bottom of the shot and as suggested a slight higher pov may give you that mirror effect you get with heat haze which is nice but that then loses a little of that nice low pov its all part of the marmite shot its fun trying new angles keep at it

Last edited:
I like big foregrounds, but the tarmac in the bottom spoils it and really IMHO the car needs to be sharper (I know its haze...)

Hats off for a bold try though!

Back