My team

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,
these are some pics i got yesterday of my team mates, only first half, as i played the second half
c&c appreciated to help me improve!
cheers
marcus
3299713611_c299e61918.jpg

3299710937_46b6fced45.jpg

3300537908_afef7210b0.jpg

3299706387_e0f2e0b1b8.jpg

3299704609_bac25401e8.jpg

3299702943_7bb807b8ae.jpg

3300542406_b04dc19b3a.jpg

I think you timing is spot on.
You've capture the action well.
Nos 4 & 5 carry the most weight for me.
May be 6 and 7 could have been taken a second later?
Also try a lower angle especially with these high shots.

I take it you play Right Back (behind the camera) :)

thanks for your comments, yeah i think you're right about getting a bit lower in some of them, i was trying to capture the hooker and the jumpers in these, with the focus on the ball and the catchers out of focus showing the depth of field, #3 showing the hooker in focus and #6 showing the jumpers in focus, not quite sure which works best, but i was chuffed with #3...

i also was pleased with #5 as i felt it caught the action well, especially as the guy getting handed off was blurred through movement....

was trying out my 55-250 IS mostly at the 250 end, very pleased with the lens, though could only get close enough with the action on my side of the pitch

like the joke! :LOL: i'm a prop, and just wished someone had taken somepics of me for a change, but my mates are scared of my camera.....

sometimes i wish i could take pictures of myself playing, but then again maybe that's a bit narcissistic :bonk:

thanks for looking, and thanks for the feedback
cheers
marcus

I think this is what I like about Rugby on this forum. National / International action at one end of the scale and this one which is some lower league, possibly vets / 2nd team action.

You've really captured the essence of grass roots here.

I love the scrum shot #1 - tell your front row to growl at the opposition more before packing down ;).

4 is a great capture. 5 nearly is - shame the tackler is a bit blurred.

Not sure about the last one. Could do with a ball or something - it kind of looks like the jumpers are praying to the god of Rugby for some 6 Nations tickets or something.

Good work, nice colours. Keep it up - your teammates will love looking at them.

thanks for that freester, yep is one of the things i like about it here, and rugby, there's a place for everyone if you're passionate about it.
That's the 2 extremes of age in the front row, the loosehead is 18, and the tighthead 50 something.....i'm a loosehead and somewhere in the middle, but i snarl a whole lot more! but as i've been away working only played the 2nd half

yeah looking at 5 again it is a shame, but i think he was going back very quickly after being handed off by one of our 1st team back from injury....

i'd do a lot more rugby photography if i wasn't playing myself....

thanks for your comments, much appreciated
cheers
marcus

Some good shots here (y) I like #3 but I think I would have liked to see the lineout players a bit more oof

I think this is what I like about Rugby on this forum. National / International action at one end of the scale and this one which is some lower league, possibly vets / 2nd team action.

You've really captured the essence of grass roots here.

:agree:

Back