My trip to Italy.

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello folks. I have not long been back from Italy. Here are a few of photos I took, I'd very much appreciate it if anyone fancied having a butchers and leaving a comment or two! :p
Thanks

1. Wear
WearL.jpg

2. Trust
TrustL.jpg

3. Handy
HandyL.jpg

Not your usual shots of such a magnificent country, but I like them nonetheless.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Thanks!
A couple more..

4. Foundations
FoundationsL.jpg

5. Direction
DirectionL.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Did you get one of someone holding up the tower? you must have that shot somewhere? LOL I do like the alternative shots especially the wear on the stairs.

Hi Kris. I'm afraid I found the last two shots a bit too much like holiday snaps. Like Terri said the first set were different and for that reason I too liked them. They are different because not all photographers are able to spot or indeed think about taking pictures of the detail. They are the type of shots you feel could have a story behind them. Thanks for sharing.

Little John said:
Did you get one of someone holding up the tower? you must have that shot somewhere? LOL I do like the alternative shots especially the wear on the stairs.

I do kind of, it was of someone taking a shot of someone else! Thanks :)

Delta Skies said:
Hi Kris. I'm afraid I found the last two shots a bit too much like holiday snaps. Like Terri said the first set were different and for that reason I too liked them. They are different because not all photographers are able to spot or indeed think about taking pictures of the detail. They are the type of shots you feel could have a story behind them. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your kind words. Indeed, I like the last two, but agree they are holiday snappy! Think these next ones are a little less so?

6. Spotlight
SpotlightL.jpg

7. Security
SecurityL.jpg

Thanks again for the feedback

:grin:

I'm not sure how I feel about the pictures. :shrug:

#1 is interesting because of the wear on the steps. God knows how many people have moved over those steps to wear them down that much.

#2 is OK but there needs to be something else in the picture, maybe something, either a pattern, graffiti or a poster to add something. Or look smaller against a bigger wall. Your logo covering the bike doesn't help though. If it was on the left it may have helped the bike sit better in the pic.

#3 I'm not sure what the chap is doing. :shrug: Maybe get closer on his hands, or wait till he made something more recognisable. :shrug:

#4 shows were the picture is taken, which the first three didn't. I'm not keen on cutting the people in half at the bottom of the frame. I had to do it with some of my pics in the Pantheon but that was because my lens wasn't wide enough to get the opening in the ceiling and the people on the ground. :( Yours looks like there was space above the tower to pan down a bit.

#5 I think I get the idea of this, people not looking at the big famous thing behind them.

#6 I love the Pantheon. :) And this a view you get more often that not as it very rarely has the light projecting straight down. It's perfectly exposed, and I like the composition. :) I may have warmed it up a touch.

#7 didn't scream 'Security' to me, maybe 'Love and Security' or just 'Love'. Type 'love locks' into Google Images to see the love locks fad big time. ;)

I hope you don't find my comments too harsh, but you did ask for Critique. ;)

I trust you had a good holiday. :) I know I really enjoyed my time in Rome in July.

Hello folks. I have not long been back from Italy. Here are a few of photos I took, I'd very much appreciate it if anyone fancied having a butchers and leaving a comment or two! :p
Thanks

1. Wear
WearL.jpg

2. Trust
TrustL.jpg

3. Handy
HandyL.jpg

Not your usual shots of such a magnificent country, but I like them nonetheless.

Thanks a lot

I really like each of these shots, however neither individually or as a set do they say "Italy" to me, without any obvious Italian references they could have been taken anywhere....

Back