My very first snow pics - Leeds - Mon 2nd Feb

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
My first attemp at photos with a heavy covering of snow... Canal Gardens, Roundhay, Leeds. C&C welcome. any advice re: exposure etc VERY welcome (y)

1. 1/13 f22 iso 100
3248263805_b1dc006c36_o.jpg

2. 1/200 f4 iso 100
3249092362_0a0d260349_o.jpg

3. 1/320 f4.5 iso 100
3249093386_c5dbf361df_o.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice...exposure of snowy scenes can be tricky. I think you've hit the nail on the head on one and two. Three seems a bit overexposed to me...missing details in the snow across the bottom right. Composition on all three is very appealing. Number 2 is my favorite.

Very nice...exposure of snowy scenes can be tricky. I think you've hit the nail on the head on one and two. Three seems a bit overexposed to me...missing details in the snow across the bottom right. Composition on all three is very appealing. Number 2 is my favorite.

I thought 3 was over-exposed too - and was sort of hoping someone would confirm this! so thank you all very much for your comments :D

PS. are there any tricks that can be done in PP to overcome over-exposure? I am shooting in jpg at the mo (until I can get Photoshop CS3)

As I understand it, it is better to under-expose rather than over as detail is still recorded. I have found this out through experience too!

Nice set of images there, like others have said number 3 is a tad overexposed but I still think it works in many other ways, snow is pretty tricky to get right.

Really like the composition on all three, but #1 does it for me,(y)

Ooooo I need to visit there, even when its not snowy! Looks lovely!

Hi dellipher,
Yes I would recommend it! I first visited during the summer with my wife and very young daughter and thought I must return in snow!

Its a very small but beautiful place but is literally on the doorstep of Tropical World, Roundhay Park and a great Pub the Roundhay Fox - Lots of lovely scenery! If you do go just follow signs for Tropical World. :)

Back