My Working Gundogs

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a couple of pictures of my dogs at work.

Just to give you a bit of background about me and photography, I only became interested in photography because I became fascinated with watching my dogs working.

Here's Elvis, looking very pleased with himself, as he usually does

Elvis2-1.jpg

This is young Flynn, practising water retrieves.

Flinch3-1.jpg

Here is a team of dogs on a day on a Grouse moor.

FourAmigos.jpg

And here's a shot of Fizz, my little Springer.

Fizz-4.jpg

Hope you like them

Andrew

they look like fun?

As a springer and lab owner myself I adore watching these superb dogs work in the field, only I tend to get carried away watching them rather than taking pics! Nice of you to show your pics of them all.
If you have more photos of the dogs working then please post them as I'd love to see some more. :)

Flynn is gorgeous. Nice shot in the water too, well exposed - I usually find the Black Labs faces quite challenging to get just right, as everything is so dark! Nicely done.

Lovely pics it is very nice to see these types of dog working.
I seem to be spending more time training my dogs at present then i am actually shooting

Lovely set of images, love the springer shot.

Nice shots.

Any Rytex lines in Fizz by any chance ?

the shot of fizz is really gorgeous - the look in those beautiful brown eyes is just lovely. great to see them working and it looks like they're loving it :)

Very nice set...very nice dogs. Tough to pick a favorite among numbers 2,3 and 4. They are all well done. Number 1 has a rather bland sky, but that's just a niggle.

Nice shots.

Any Rytex lines in Fizz by any chance ?

Fizz is by Hattonswood Brock, so has Kennine Rob, but her top line is predominantly Badgercourt.

The dam is Pallaflat Girl, again a bit of Rytex but not overly so.

She is possibly the most photographed of my dogs, I just can't help myself,:love::love::love:

GOODYTWOSHOES-1.jpg

Fizz in a strong wind

FIZZALERT.jpg

And finally, Queen of the Hill

CopyofIMG_1917.jpg

Another Fizz overload, sorry:D:D:D

Andrew

Thanks for that.

Badgercourt / Rytex make up most of mine. The only reason I was asking was that I was sorting through some of my current / previous dog's papers the other day.

Rytex Rod, Kennine Robb of Rytex, Badgercourt Dusty, Badgercourt Susan, Badgercourt Gryphon are names I recall.

Quarrybrae, Bricksclose, Gorsty seem to crop up a fair bit too.

Do you work your dogs?

Andrew

Used to do a fair bit with my previous Springer when I was down in England.

3619818797_a8abc4a522.jpg

2577583455_9782e64d69.jpg

My current Springer (Fingal) did a bit of picking up but not anymore unfortunately. His typical Springer enthusiasm can't be questioned but he's now 12 and deaf so he's a happy pet these days.

DIY trimmed
2183714975_a11679b279.jpg

3497997157_1ac3f984e6.jpg

4233895336_b5b8af6b2c.jpg

I've two other dogs including a 4 year old Pointer X Lab who I feel (if I'd had the time and inclination) could have done well.

1542109090_bc29439eb9.jpg

Last edited:
what a nice set of pics elvis looks just as a gun dog should

Nice looking springers, really like the "clipped" shot!!

Lab x GWP's are becoming very popular with moor keepers around here, as a good allround keepers dog. Yours looks like an English pointer cross to me, lovely looking dog, would have been fun to train and work I guess.

Andrew

Cheers Andy.

Yes - Breagh is an English Pointer X Lab

nice captures

I want fizz :D

Have had some springers over the years have also done some re-homing for a couple of rescue centres.

Just trying to convince the wife to let me have a working cocker. Lets just say it aint going to well :crying:

nice captures

I want fizz :D

Have had some springers over the years have also done some re-homing for a couple of rescue centres.

Just trying to convince the wife to let me have a working cocker. Lets just say it aint going to well :crying:

Have a look on my site if the Mrs lets you have a Cocker... I have a couple pups 12 days old.... I'm sure if I send you the pics the Mrs will love one for ya !!!! ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer :D

Im struggling to let me have one. I havent even told her about prices yet i think she would pooh her pants.

Nice site by the way thou

Fiz is a great looking dog, like the one in the Heather the best.

Great set

John

Back