My year of landscapes

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. Here is a collection of the work I'm really happy with this year. When I left Uni in 2008, I knew I wanted to spend as much time as possible on landscapes, as well as a tiny bit of cityscape work. I am lucky enough to know EdinburghGary who, being the legend that he is, did two tours of the highlands, as well as getting to the Brecon Beacons and a few other places.

I feel that my work has stepped up a notch compared to what I used to produce and I'm pretty happy as a result! However, I am always looking to improve, and value the opinions of the entire spectrum of people on here. So, here is a rather large (Sorry!!) collection of my better work this year. I'd very much like to know what you do AND don't like about any of them. Many thanks indeed!!

_DSC0970-1.jpg

_DSC0933-1.jpg

_DSC1503-1.jpg

_DSC1691-2.jpg

_DSC1734.jpg

_DSC1903.jpg

Last edited:
You have some fantastic images, I love number 5,9 and 10. They all look really professional.

Fanatsic Captures Somthing to Be Pround Of There

Kirk

:eek:

Flamin' heck mate! They're all completely awesome...! And absolutely faultless!

You ever thought of printing and selling on canvas?? You'd make a bomb! :LOL:

Quality stuff! =)

All brilliant shots but the black and white ones are my favourites. You have a lot of talent for this.

Andy

What I love about these is the diversity, mountain side to coastline, snow to sun and colour and black and white. The focal points are landscape and weather too.

Makes a lovely collection, you really should have them printed up big and on a wall.

Superb stuff, struggle to pick a favourite few, they are all excellent. The colours in 13/14/15 are spectacular!

That's a quality set. My personal favourite would be #14 but I reckon that #4 could win a prize or two. (y)

Wow, there stunning! Really very awesome! My only niggle with no.2 is that there is a little too much foreground for my liking, and i would like the mountain on the right hand side, but that's just me :)
3 15 and 14 are my faves

All of them are cracking images. I would be happy with any one of these on my wall mate :)

Some nice stuff in there m8 - far too many to comment on individually though

I do some judging for clubs in the YPU and a proper crit takes a couple of minutes at least chatting to the 'author' to understand the situation at the time and what they were trying for - something you cannot do well via typing! So without a meeting or being there with you at the time I can't offer anything really useful I'm afraid (not that you should give a damn either way :D)

So all good attempts, but nothing outstanding as yet - though it looks like you're going nicely in the right direction (y)

Perhaps it'd be more useful for you to say why/which you think are great or which you are struggling to see how to improve and why you think you've improved too

Oh - and I am INCREDIBLY jealous of your northern jaunts - wish I had time as Landscapes are my first love. If SWMBO's numbers ever came up - I'd have my own camper van and be a Landscape tog 100% :)

DD

A stunning and simply breathtaking set of photos - an inspiration and aspiration for me personally.

Each photograph offers something different, from the stereotypical 'big impact' scottish mountains landscape through some fantastic slow shutter seascapes.

A true benchmark for my own photography in 2010. If I can come up with anything half as good I will be a happy, happy man.

Excellent!!

DB

*EDIT* I'm not a landscape photographer, simply enjoy what I enjoy.

Last edited:
Blimey! Many thanks all!

DD, thanks for your post. I was after peoples' opinions on my work in general. If there is a particular shot, for example, that they think could be done differently, or has noticeable error in their opinion, then I want to know about it. I can then take that on board and consider it when taking more photos in the future. And I mean this regardless of how highly they, or anyone else, rates their own work / ability.

Once again, many thanks to everyone for posting, your comments are very much appreciated!

Last edited:
The only thing, and it is a minor thing that i might have attempted would be to try and either clone or burn the river/road in #1. For some reason it just keeps my eye there. But hey what a fantastic set of photos. All of them have obviously been shot using plenty of thought. The composition is really good in all of them. The Durdle Door shot, although it has been done before is my favourite. The colours in #13 & #15 are really rich and warming. Keep up the good work.

All the best for 2010

Stew

Fantastic set of images there Woodsy. I think you've come on leaps and bounds this year too. Can't really find fault in anything you have here. Great collection. You should be very pleased with yourself mate (y)

Back