my Z4

Name
andrew
Edit My Images
No
was out for a drive and seen this shot,
not really my thing photographing cars but i like the look of this.
cheers
talk.jpg

Last edited:
Dont often see interlagos blue with red leather. I used to have a Z4M the best car ever

thanks folks

yes the red is a bit different but i think its clsss looking, great car the z4 and not to hard on the fuel

cheers

looks great! Regret selling my 3.0 now.. (but not the constant broken springs, wheels and punctures - the roads round here destroyed it)

I had a 2.0 z4 a few years back, black with red leather... miss it now, handled like a go cart and great fun to drive.

The LMs do set it off very well, wouldn't look anywhere near as good on the factory rims. Nice car well photographed.

Lovely shot there and wonderful car. If you could photoshop out the yellow road markings it'd be even better :)

maybe,,maybe not
i like the yellow markings, they add i bit of colour and design to a bit of tarmac.

but on the other hand removing them could enhance the car.

thanks folks for all the comments
great car and would love to upgrade to the M for a bit more poke.

cheers

That's a great shot.....I am a bit biased being a Z4 owner as well. Must get out and take some shots of mine.

Dont often see interlagos blue with red leather. I used to have a Z4M the best car ever

I've still got my Z4M. I really must get it out sometime. You are correct about it though. I've driven BMW's for 32 years now (due to my work) and I still believe it's the best raw power they have produced.

To the OP, a very nice shot indeed. I nearly went for that colour, but the wife insisted on Imola.
My 3.0 model was Toledo, a nice classy colour..

Kev.

Cool car, I quite fancy one on those myself at the min :)

The picture: the focal length is too short and distorts the car. Yellow lines on the floor dont help imo

I really like the car , lines and location, is there any hdr going on or photoshop?

hi Rinky

mostly photoshop (around 30mins work)

but i did a HDR image , layered it over the original and lowered the opacity to around 30%
this gives the image a slight HDR look but not overkill.

I agree about the distortion, I'm not a fan, but the car, location and processing are all great!

i have the same image with a 50mm but just prefered this one, with the distortion.
i photograph people nearly every day and distortions are a no no , just something a bit different.

Thanks.

I actually think the distortion works well in this shot. Great processing, never really thought about laying HDR over originals and going to have to give it a go now I've seen this :)

Another Z4 owner here too :)

I saw this pic over on the Z4 forum, it's a decent standard of photography for a small car forum.

Nice shot maybe would like to see if it was possible to not have the car cross the line of the castle in the background, but the HDR is just right IMO.

Nice effort for sure, should win pic of the month over on the Z forum.

PS - ALL 6cyl Z4 owners (well those with models with the sound pipe) HAVE to try doing the sound pipe mod, takes 2mins, remove a piece of foam, oh my it sounds AMAZING after doing that, totally addicted to the noise it makes now so has left the foam out.

Really like how you've captured the long bonnet but kept the back looking tiny, really gives credit to the shape of the car.

nice,, i would love a blast in a z4m, i am told they are a bit of a beast.

Where are you based? ;)

I had the 3.0 before getting the Z4M. The difference is day and night. :woot:

Kev.

Last edited:
Back