B&W Natural light

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not sure which I prefer, colour or B&W. Shot taken with Fuji X-E1 and 56mm. Colour version is just Lightroom, B&W is Lightroom plus Nik Viveza and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.

I like my portraits minimalist and thought the slash of light from the window in the loft added a bit of structure to the shot

13433936153_3460768829_o.jpg

13433938223_4ba9419a08_o.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure which I prefer, but both are nice shots regardless. Its very hard to get a pleasing shot from a skylight so well done.

colour for me too- great use of available light - nice shot

Les ;)

Colour for me as well... great stuff!

I prefer the colour version also, my only crit would be the hands/arms they look sort of disointed from the body because of the crop. Had a little play, if you don't mind, will remove if requested. I prefer the shot like thus.

Colour for me & I love other shots of her where her hair is let loose. (y)

Thanks everyone. Looks like colour is edging it, and I am inclining that way too (at the moment). I like Steve's crop too (cheers Steve!) but going back to the original I can show more of her arms which makes them look less disconnected. I'll have a play before printing.

I too prefer her with the hair loose, John, but she doesn't often do that so I have to grab the few opportunities I get.

It is indeed a great shot I'll go with color because the fall off on the face looks better in color.
My two cents

Back