Need a new bag for camera + 17" laptop

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
As per thread title as i have just invested in a laptop there will be the odd occasion where i will need to take both my camera and laptop out and about. As i'd rather not take two bags the ideal solution would be a bag for both. Now i know camera / laptop bags exist but after spending sometime last night looking around i couldn't find any that accomodate a larger laptop, maybe i just didn't look hard enough? So i was wondering if any people on hear had such a bag already if so what exactly?

Thanks

Look at the crumpler range, they do lots of bags that take a large laptop and a camera. I have a large crumpler rucksack with a bottom section that takes a camera and a few lenses and a top section for bits and pieces like a coat or lunch. Was ideal when I was using it for work.

I'm having the opposite problem, a side slung bag for my Macbook Air and a small camera...

It's not obvious which will fit larger laptops i must admit, and they are a tad expensive for "occasional" use.

It's not obvious which will fit larger laptops i must admit, and they are a tad expensive for "occasional" use.

It used to be that if you went on their website you could put in details like '17" laptop' and it would give you all the bags that would fit one.

Yup that's what I did.

Seemed fine if you wanted a messenger style.

Ah fair enough, they must have reduced their rucksack range. I must say though, they really are worth the money. I had a lowepro rucksack and it just couldn't stand up to being taken into London every day with the full weight of laptop and camera kit. I think mine broke after three months and I sent it back to them. They didn't seem keen to replace it, they'd rather refund me, so I can only assume they're not really meant for heavy duty work. The crumpler on the other hand, I lugged that into work every day in London for over a year, it's been to motorsports events, it goes to every event I shoot now and it's still as good as the day I bought it. It also spends far too much time rolling about in the boot of my car. Plus they have a 35 year warranty on them. The only mistake I made was buying a white one - it's not very white now!

Back