Need a new web host??

Name
Jonathan Dudley
Edit My Images
No
Hey all,

My web hosting service is soon to end and I want to move to a new one. For the last few years I have been using cheapish American companies, but the support and the bandwidth speeds have been a little poor.

I thought I would choose someone British such as 1&1, but after reading some reviews (ignoring the reviews that have been written blatantly by 1&1 themselves), it seems there support and reliability is poor.

Anyone on here got any advice or recommendations??

Thanks in advance

Jonno

JaguarPC here for donkeys years, they've never let me down.

Try easyspace.com Been with them for over 7 years now and never had any problems.

OK I've done a check and Tsohost are the cheapest mentioned on this thread, unless I'm missing something?

I have the pro package at £44.99 pa which works out at £3.75 per month.

OK I've done a check and Tsohost are the cheapest mentioned on this thread, unless I'm missing something?

I have the pro package at £44.99 pa which works out at £3.75 per month.

and another vote for TSO host UK here too, cheap, reliable and great customer service

Cheers Keith :)

I've just moved from 1and1 to Vidahost. I would avoid 1and1 if possible - customer service is poor, and in the previous 3 months I have numerous periods of my website being down, I actually got bored ringing them to complain. Vidahost have been great, would highly recommend them.

I use http://www.hetzner.de/en/ where I have a dedicated server. £26PM but I get my own computer which is currently running at 2.5%-5% with 11 web sites on it :)

4 cores, 2Gb and about 1 Tb of storage. If is ridiculously fast. When opening the folder I use to store photos for forums it used to take over 30 seconds when the site was hostaed by 1&1. It takes under 2 seconds now.

I use 123 Reg and LCN for my hosting. Both seem efficient, reasonably priced.

tsohost here as well.. I have well over one hundred thousand pictures on my website.. no problem.. its cheap and having used various companies over the last 20 yrs I can say these are decent enough.. no thoughts of leaving them..

I moved to Justhost a couple of years ago after problems with previous host - paid, I think about £95 at that time for 4 years and set up another one with them in May this year about £120 for three years.

I have found their customer service both speaking to them on the live chat and via email excellent - each time they sorted my (and it was my) problems quickly and politely

Compila.com, based in Chislehurst Kent might be worth a look also, I've been with them for around 6 or 7 yrs now, never had a problem with them. Just downgraded my package to the Bargain plan, £26.00 for the year. 10 mysql db's, unmetered bandwidth, 2 gb webspace which suits me fine now. They have quite a number of other plans too if needed ie; Virtual Private Servers.
Customer Service has been pretty good for me when I needed it, they always seem happy to offer advice if you need it.

TSO for me too. Been with them for years and I have about 50 client sites with them.

Want to know how good they are? Just send an email to their support team and see the time taken for a personal reply.

I genuinely regard them as the best company of any type that I've ever dealt with. Seriously.

TSO for me too. Been with them for years and I have about 50 client sites with them.

I genuinely regard them as the best company of any type that I've ever dealt with. Seriously.

:plus1:

Back