Need help - Panasonic G7 and 14-140mm II

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm just about at my wits end here. We (wife and I) love both this camera and lens. However they just won't work together.

Excuse the awful photo of me. But as you can see from this crop (915 x 783) I am far from clear.

14mm, f/10, 1/60sec, ISO 250
electronic shutter - Auto - fairly certain this photo was with the e-shutter. (I discovered this recently thinking that shuttershock was the issue, but this photo and a few others have me about ready to give up.

Untitled.jpg

The thing is, over the past 6 months we have many examples like this. It's my wife's camera and she loves the 14-140mm lens. Most recently we did a swap of bodies - I used the G7 and my wife used my e-m5ii with the 14-140mm and it worked perfectly! My time with the G7 on a few different lenses (20 f1.7, 9-18mm, 45-200mm) and all my shots worked out great.

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

You can tell from the blur it's either camera shake or shutter shock or a bit of both. You're not sure whether or not you used E shutter, so force it on for a bit and see what happens. Also - weird exposure settings! Each to their own but I don't know why you'd be at f10 in these circumstances, I'd be wanting to blur that busy background, not bring it into focus. Plus 1/60 needs careful handling to avoid camera movement. Activate the E-shutter, keep your shutter speed over 1/160 and have another go.

Usually when we're travelling about she likes to get a photo with me and the background (hence the higher fstop). 1/60 @ 14mm with lens stabilisation on. That shouldn't be an issue.

Back