Need recommendations for a camera bag

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I need a decent bag for my camera gear. Got a 5d mkiii and grip, 300f4 with tc, 100mm macro, 50mm 1.4, flash and hoods for each lens. Ideally I'd like to be able to carry all at once but could potentially drop a smaller lens if necessary.

I'm happy to consider shoulder or backpacks. I'm thinking the 300mm is going to cause the most problems in overall choice?

I would strongly recommend the LowePro Pro Runner 450AW. It's the third LowePro bag I have had and I've been impressed with all of them. When I upgraded from a 7D to a 5Diii I gripped both bodies, so I needed something with the extra depth. I find this bag comfortably fits all of my gear...
Gripped 5Diii with 24-70 F2.8Lii (hood attached but it's tiny lol)
Gripped 7D with 70-200 F2.8L (hood attached)
Compact waterproof PaS
Two flashguns
Still space for a few more bits (but don't tell the wife)

There is also a really handy compartment for you to slide in your laptop when away from home. And a tripod holder that actually does work.

I appreciate that your 300mm will be bigger than my 70-200 but I am sure it will fit in.

HTH
Neil

You can get bigger, more expensive bags, but I use the Kata minibee 110PL

I can get my D800 [not gripped though] with the Nikon 300mm f4 attached [hood pulled back] - with my Sigma 150mm macro lens to one side [hood reversed], and either one of my primes [w/hood revered] or a flash on the other.

Or: D800, 300mm attached, 35mm, 85mm, SB900 flash unit.

Along with the rocket blower on both counts.

There's side and rear sections/pockets for cards, batteries - a section that will fit an ipad, and a back, open but deep section that fits my Black rapid strap. What I love about it is though it fits a nice amount, it's still pretty small to look at on the outset. I'm a sucker for bright coloured interiors too,so much easier find stray cards or other bits and bobs, in the Kata you couldn't get much brighter, it's banana yellow :D [hence the bee tag in the name I guess, black outer with some red, yellow padding inside]

I have 2 think tank bags besides, but prefer the Kata.

Last edited:
That's great thanks. That's a few to be looking into. Must admit I was looking at lowepro but the other mention is something I'll be looking at

I love my kata 3n1 30.... Very versatile, basically a sling pack and a rucksack and then you can also cross the straps across your body for extra security/comfort/stability

I fit my 1d and a bunch of big lenses in it... I think the 300 would go, my 70-200 2.8 goes in with plenty of room!

Back