Netbooks

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm after a netbook that I can dump full camera memory cards on to and do a little editing while i'm out and about on adventures.
I use cs5 + bridge at the min but im open to suggestions if they're easier on the machine.
I have a 7d and shoot raw so get file sizes of around 23mb

I'm in no way a computer guy so am asking if this machine would cut the mustard?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Idea...TF8&coliid=I1EB12GN1R222V&colid=2RNU9KVEBB6HC

The problem with netbooks is that they sacrifice processor speed for portability (less need to cool) and battery life.

That will run CS5, but you will be restricted on visible area and things will run slowly (assuming you're used to a reasonably current PC)

I use a netbook as a photo store while travelling. Some programs need a minimum screen resolution so whilst it can run a lot of things (albeit some of them slowly) not all can be installed.

I use faststone to view the raws on the netbook and for the odd one or ten that I might want to share whilst travelling it can edit them too and save a resized jpeg for uploading.

Given the limitations of the screen I can't see much point in serious editing on a netbook.

Ref the Lenovo you would not be disappointed with the build quality, I've had an S12 for about two years and it hasn't had a hiccup. Mine struggles to run graphics processing on large files but the one you list has a faster processor and more memory so it would probably be fine for the kind of stuff you want to do.

roger! imformation gratefully received and understood!

i have bought that netbook and a neoprene case and i have found out you can expand the ram even further to 8gig so i might do that in the future if needs must

Back