Never a dull day at the South Gare Breakwater

Name
colin
Edit My Images
No
I popped down to the South Gare Breakwater near Redcar yesterday as the forecast looked promising for some huge waves..and I wasn't disappointed!

Met a few other togs down there & we were treated to a fantastic show by Mother Nature, and witnessed (and got shots of) the RNLI towing a stricken training craft (the Warnow) to safety through this weather

IMG_9116.jpg

IMG_9290.jpg

IMG_9310.jpg

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9526.jpg

The lighthouse and sea are brilliant!... How can we not respect the power of water!

Stunning captures there Colin!!! (y) I was down at Saltburn briefly sadly without camera but the hardy surfers were still very much in evidence...:notworthy:

Regards, David

Wow!!! :clap: very powerful set I bet you where happy you decided to pop down listening to the weather forecast ?
Kevin (y)

Last edited:
Would love to have seen that, seeing the lighthouse completely taken over is insane.

Also nice to see the RNLI doing a fantastic job, hats off to those guys for venturing out in that.

All great but the First shot is an absolute cracker

Superb shots. It's all about making the effort and getting out there at the right time.

Well done.

Very, very impressive. That is one angry sea.

Wow! Just wow!

Amazing shots - show's that mother nature is not to be messed with!

I've been there many a time but never seen waves like that! Great captures :)

Stunning photos, captures the power of nature, and once more stunning.

I was truly stunned by these images, fantastic:clap:. And what really amazed me was in the first photo if you look to the top right, there's a seagull just gliding along without a care, with all that action going on behind it.

Fantastic set, number one is my favourite.

Superb shots. That's a heck of a storm and superbly caught.

Last time you posted similar shots I suggested cloning out 'whatever the red item was' on the sea wall,I found it a bit distracting as red often is but this time I can now see it's a life belt and part of the scene.

Back