New Backpack Advice

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to buy a new backpack as I have out grown mine .
I ideally need one with " day pack " space as well as been able to hold at least ;-
1 gripped body with a large lens , a couple more lenses , a flash gun or two plus batteries , flash cables ,memory cards etc .
Also the advantage of attatching a tripod would be good . As would quick access ( I'm now getting fed up with bag on / bag off everytime I need somthing . )
Also aircraft walk on would be advantagous .
A lot to ask I know , but if I'm upgrading I may as well tick as many boxes as possible .
I have been looking at these two below .
Any thoughts ? Or if you can point me to anymore that would be really good .

http://www.premier-ink.co.uk/photog...olution-sling-backpack-5788-black-p-2970.html

http://www.premier-ink.co.uk/photog...-backpack-with-laptop-compartment-p-2697.html

Lowepro Slingshot 200aw quicker & easier in use than the Tamrac but the Tamrac has the advantage of three way harness so you can change shoulders or use both if it's getting heavy. You don't mention the need to carry a laptop so why have a bulkier bag to do so? Don't know about the Vanguard but if I was going back to backpacks I'd have the Slingshot everytime.

Thanks for that , I somtimes carry a net book with me . I'll have another look at the sling shots . I just didn't think that they held enough gear on the first look .

I have a slingshot 200 which I use most of the time. It will hold:

7D with 17-55 f2.8 (Or my 50D with a grip before I had the 7D)
70-200 f4 (non IS)
50mm f1.8 (or my Sigma 10-20mm)
430 EXII Flash unit
Some accessories (couple of filters & cable release)

You can, if you think about it, attach a tripod, but I generally carry mine in a Jessops tripod bag.

I haven't tried the Slingshot 300, but it's a bit bigger.

I also have a Tamrac Adventure (9 I think) which is really handy as I can also carry my 12" laptop and a lot more accessories (I can also get both the 50mm & the 10-20 in together as well as a 2nd body).

I carry a tripod/monopod on the Tamrac by placing 1 leg in a side pocket and using webbing straps to secure it to the carry handle on the top - it works very well.

I've taken the Tamrac all over the place, including Australia and Europe by plane without a problem.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Back