New bag required

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
I currently own a Lowpro Slingshot 200 and due to the purchase of additional lenses, i need something bigger.

Looking to spend no more than £40-50 and will need space for 2 bodies and 5/6 lenses, multiple batteries and memory cards. I'd like something waterproof, but this is not a requirement.

What do you recommend?

That amount of equipment + that amount of money = does not match up!
biggrin3.gif

I recently got the Vanguard Heralder 38. I think, it will hold your gear, but cost is more than double your budget...

Perhaps take a look at cambags, here's their sorted list of shoulderbags for 1-2 bodies and over 3 lenses: http://www.cambags.com/by-bag-size/by-bag-size-shoulder-bags/by-size-shoulder-1-2-bodies-more.html

Last edited:
Canon 7D, Canon 70-200 f/4L... At least a thousand £s
Another body and 4/5 lenses.

£50 bag.
Yep, it doesn't add up.

But to be fair, a Tesco reusable bag for £1.25 would hold this, so it should be possible to find something.
Have you looked at 7dayshop? Their products seem to be okay.

I am going to have to agree with the rest,for the stuff your carrying your budget is way out,i would looking to spend around the £100-£150 mark :)

That amount of equipment + that amount of money = does not match up!
biggrin3.gif

I recently got the Vanguard Heralder 38. I think, it will hold your gear, but cost is more than double your budget...

Perhaps take a look at cambags, here's their sorted list of shoulderbags for 1-2 bodies and over 3 lenses: http://www.cambags.com/by-bag-size/by-bag-size-shoulder-bags/by-size-shoulder-1-2-bodies-more.html

Canon 7D, Canon 70-200 f/4L... At least a thousand £s
Another body and 4/5 lenses.

£50 bag.
Yep, it doesn't add up.

But to be fair, a Tesco reusable bag for £1.25 would hold this, so it should be possible to find something.
Have you looked at 7dayshop? Their products seem to be okay.

No offence but I didn't ask for your opinions on what I was spending, simply recommendations on bags within the budget I've set. I don't care if you don't like it, it's not up to you how much I spend. I'm simply after suggestions of carrying 1 or 2 bodies and a 2-4 lenses.

Thanks for this link, that looks pretty much just what I'm after. Will check it out further :)

One of the Lowepro Prorunner bags might do it (not sure if you could configure the ProRunner 300AW for two bodies, but it's only just outside your budget and I have one that swallows a huge amount of medium format film gear very securely and is comfortable to wear), but just outside your budget. There are a lot of options, lying just outside your budget or between £50 and £100.

Opening up the budget to £100 would be more realistic, trying to stay under-£50 you're left with the no-name options (just do a search for "camera backpack" on Ebay and take your chances) where you'll be left a little uncertain about whether the materials, stitching, clasps, etc. can be relied upon. Or, hang around the classifieds section and pick-up a nearly-new or lightly-used bag. I know this is again providing an unasked for opinion on your budget, but we're only being realistic - the amount of gear (weight) you want to fit into a bag means you can't skimp on build quality of the bag if you don't want to be sweeping up an armful of broken glass and plastic from the pavement that used to be worth a couple of grand. Plus, you'll completely f*** your back if you try carrying this amount of gear in a bag without decent straps to distribute the weight.

Your gear, your back, your budget.. you pays your money and takes your chances..

One of the Lowepro Prorunner bags might do it (not sure if you could configure the ProRunner 300AW for two bodies, but it's only just outside your budget and I have one that swallows a huge amount of medium format film gear very securely and is comfortable to wear), but just outside your budget. There are a lot of options, lying just outside your budget or between £50 and £100.

Opening up the budget to £100 would be more realistic, trying to stay under-£50 you're left with the no-name options (just do a search for "camera backpack" on Ebay and take your chances) where you'll be left a little uncertain about whether the materials, stitching, clasps, etc. can be relied upon. Or, hang around the classifieds section and pick-up a nearly-new or lightly-used bag. I know this is again providing an unasked for opinion on your budget, but we're only being realistic - the amount of gear (weight) you want to fit into a bag means you can't skimp on build quality of the bag if you don't want to be sweeping up an armful of broken glass and plastic from the pavement that used to be worth a couple of grand. Plus, you'll completely f*** your back if you try carrying this amount of gear in a bag without decent straps to distribute the weight.

Your gear, your back, your budget.. you pays your money and takes your chances..

I see your point!

The Lowepro you've linked looks good, the Tamrac above may be to heavy once its loaded up.

No offence but I didn't ask for your opinions on what I was spending, simply recommendations on bags within the budget I've set. I don't care if you don't like it, it's not up to you how much I spend. I'm simply after suggestions of carrying 1 or 2 bodies and a 2-4 lenses.
Please accept my sincere apology.
I swear, my remarks was only meant as a "I have no knowledge of any bags - within that budget - being able to hand that amount of gear"!

And in same breath I mentioned what bag, I'd chosen, and what it's price tag was.

Sorry for it coming out in another way.

thing I found with the quick access sling type backpacks when carrying 2 cameras + numerous lenses was the internals were a bit annoying to get into, I would defo choose the all open type such as the Prorunner or the Tamrac I posted which is a steal of a price..

but I must say my fave way of carrying 2 cameras was 2 Crumpler Jimmy Bo 700's, body w/ lens + lens + flash + accs in one, same in t'other.. one over one shoulder one over the other or one over shoulder one used in hipster mode.. worked a treat and meant twice as easy when I only went out with one camera.

Please accept my sincere apology.
I swear, my remarks was only meant as a "I have no knowledge of any bags - within that budget - being able to hand that amount of gear"!

And in same breath I mentioned what bag, I'd chosen, and what it's price tag was.

Sorry for it coming out in another way.

Don't worry about it, comments are not always read as intended when written electronically.

I really don't care what you spend on a bag.
You can take offense if you want, though none was intended.

My point was that it's a lot of expensive kit to entrust to a budget bag.
But having said that, I've never had a Tesco 'bag for life' fail on me yet :)

I agree with the comment about backpacks being awkward once loaded with lenses, I have just switched from a Lowepro Fastpack 350 to a Think Tank Retrospective 20. Its a bit outside your budget at £109. But its built like a tank. I've put a bit a review on here. Fully loaded I managed to get 4 Lenses (Sigma 150-500, 70-200 f/2.8 VC, 24-70 f/2.8 VC, 50mm f/1.8) 430 EXii, Gripped 60D and 5D3(attached to 70-200). Theer was still room for a couple of small lenses.

I think that may be the route I take eventually. If I can get a reasonable sized bag for small events and day trips, like the Lowepro 300, I'd then get a box to keep all the bits in and just switch out what I need.

Been watching this thread, looks like I will be buying a Think Tank 20 after reading ChrisHeathcote review on it.
It seems you have to have a bag for every occasion on this hobby o_O

Back