new camera, new lens, new to mono. . . . .

Name
david
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
i,m happy enough in the forrest, watching rally cars sliding past me at silly speeds, but after my last outing with Bowz and Matty2, i was kinda lured into the world of full frame, so i bought a 5d classic and a 17-40 to go with it.
I,m really impressed with the two, and had a quick dodge to newcastle with Bowz lastnite to try it out. I got nothing special, like i said, i was really just trying the combination out, but i thought i,d try a mono conversion, not the best shot in the world but i would really like to no what you think, and perhaps let me no where i,m going wrong( or even right),
cheers,
Dave

High level 2
by p***ant69, on Flickr

High level 1
by p***ant69, on Flickr

1. Love the gritty feel, verticals look in good order and good symettry, ie you're not squint in the frame. Love the contrast too yet good detail
Thanx very much, think i shall play some more. . . .

I prefer No2, black and white not toned. More contrast is to my liking, and the symmetry is spot on. Does it need anything to give an indication of it's scale?

Very good image (y)

Two for me, very nice shot.

I agree with previous comments, nice exposure, contrast and detail. Angle of shot slightly off though which has lost the symmetry you seem to be aiming for.

I agree with previous comments, nice exposure, contrast and detail. Angle of shot slightly off though which has lost the symmetry you seem to be aiming for.
Well to be honest, like i said in the first post this was a first time out with the camera, so nothing was really planned, and i just kinda had an idea and went with it.
It was a bit tricky avoiding pedestrians and the like, i almost got skittled by a lad on a bike, it just turned out better than i thought so i thought i,d share it,
thanx for taking the time to look and comment,
Dave

Back