New camera strap?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I want to invest in a more comfortable strap for my 600D and would like some recommendations please. I usually have an EFS 18 -200 lens attatched and don't mind going up to £25 max although would obviously prefer to keep it around the twenty mark. Also what are the pros & cons of investing in a shoulder strap? Many thanks.

Optech camera straps - are usually a favorite on here.

I have one and also have a Crumpler Singapore Sling which is quite confortable.

Last edited:
Black rapid rs-7 usually gets mentioned quite a bit as so does iirc :thinking: the Q-strap... But then again trying to find a BR RS-7 for £25 aint gonna be easy....

Bought the Optech Utility Sling yesterday and it's a big improvement when it comes to weight distribution. Also i'm surprised at how easily accessible the camera feels whilst down at your side.

I've got a couple of Q-Strap slings and a double harness too. They would of been well within your budget and are excellent straps. Very comfortable for long use and they give great access when it's down at your side for rapid shooting. I went through a few neck straps before going to a sling and wouldn't go back now.

I want to invest in a more comfortable strap for my 600D and would like some recommendations please. I usually have an EFS 18 -200 lens attatched and don't mind going up to £25 max although would obviously prefer to keep it around the twenty mark. Also what are the pros & cons of investing in a shoulder strap? Many thanks.

Optech ones are really comfortable but have found the Black Rapid RS 7 to be really good. With the latter, you can buy accessories like an IPhone pouch which you attach through the strap . The strap attaches at the bottom of the camera / grip and the camera hangs upside down. You wear the strap like a sling and means you can draw the camera really quickly into position if you suddenly see a photo opportunity.

The Optech attaches through the built in loops on either side of the camera meaning the camera will remain upright. Both have the feel of pro portioning the weight evenly but the Optech costs far less.

Well what a revelation the strap has been, far more comfortable and less obtrusive than a neck strap. So glad I invested in one.

Back