New lens or not

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys I am off to Iceland in June with a few pals. What I need to know is will my 24 x 105 be wide enough for
long timer shots or would I be better buying a new wider lens.
Thanks Dave

Thanks for your replies , looks like I will be saving some money then. I have a very stable Tripod.

You don't say what camera you have. 24mm on a crop sensor camera is around 35mm equivalent, so while probably wide enough for most things, isn't as wide as you think.

My camera is a 5dmk 3 and I was hoping to get some waterfall shots on my
trip to Iceland in June, I was thinking of buying a 16x35 but I don't want to buy if I
can get away with the 24x 105.

Unless you need the extra stop of the 16-35 you could look at the 17-40. Most reviews suggest there is little difference in sharpness. I have been very happy with mine.

Last edited:
I looked at that lens as well and it might be the better option. thanks to all I think I will go
for the 17x40 after all .

You don't say what camera you have. 24mm on a crop sensor camera is around 35mm equivalent, so while probably wide enough for most things, isn't as wide as you think.
Even on a 35mm format it's not quite wide enough at times if you need to fit on foreground and big mountains. But to be fair most landscapes on 35mm format 24mm cuts it

Back