New Lens???

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a bit of an accident last night, whilst on my PC, my camera got knocked onto the ground by the dog, and broke one of my lens, the plastic clips that secure it to the camera have snapped off, so obviously the lens will no longer attach to the camera body itself . The camera is fine, thank god!!

I was just wondering what suggestions people would have for a new lens, the one broken was a canon kit lens for the EOS 450D, EF 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Lens.

I'm looking for something similar, my budget would be around £200, so not that much really when it comes to lenses lol!!!!

A couple I've seen are these 2:

Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6 USM III Lens

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO Macro Super DG Lens - Canon Fit

Advice appreciated, cheers.

Oops, glad your camera is fine though :)

The 55-250IS lens is a good lens - are you looking for something longer? Can't really comment on the Sigma lens, but I have heard mixed reviews about the 75-300 lens.

The 70-300IS is a good lens, but will probably be over your £200 budget

ive got the Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO Macro Super DG Lens but Nikon fit i love the lens nice and sharp you lose this a little over 200 but its still good and for the money its well worth it

the dog is fine lol, should have taken the lens off first!!!

I would like something longer, had a quick look at the 70-300IS and although it is over my budget, I could be persuaded.

Decisions, decisions.

I would like something longer, had a quick look at the 70-300IS and although it is over my budget, I could be persuaded.

Decisions, decisions.

Don't think you'd be disappointed with the 70-300IS if you did stretch your budget (y)

55-250 is a great little lens for £200, and it has IS. 70-300 IS is a step up, but so is the price.

They are both two of Canon's best. Nothing to touch them IMHO. Very good value :)

Even the "L" Series?

The canon 70-300 is the one to go for if you can. I used to have one and was never disappointed with it.

not if you take the price into the equation;)

Steer clear of the old 75-300. By all accounts this lens is rubbish.

I'd get another 55-250 or stretch to the 70-300 IS which is supposed to be very good indeed.

Not heard much about the Sigma but I think the EX version is supposed to be very good, but its priced around the same region as the Canon 70-300 IS.

I guess as it is my b'day next week and could use the old "buy myself something" excuse, then buy the 70-300 IS without feeling guilty!!!!

It is very tempting, and from what I have read it's a good lens!!

If I was to get the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens, where would you suggest to get it, cheapest place???

Back