Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Been playing with a new Light Wand

Here it is in Action (y)
[YOUTUBE]mjiNzbmUrG4[/YOUTUBE]

Hope you like !

Wow! That's brilliant. Where would one source such a piece of kit?

giys, its easy, just google "Digital Light Wand" and you can make your own! :)

hmmm... looks complicated, maybe too complicated for little old me... I've only just mastered how to lengthen the wires on battery powered fairy lights in order to make orbs!

i was going to give this idea a go until i found out just how much the Arduino Mega board is over here.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arduino-Main-Boards-A000067-Mega/dp/B0046AMGW0 and thats just the board.. i haven't priced the rest of it up but im guessing near on 100 quid by the time its finished... not the cheapest project around..

think i'll keep my eyes peeled for a complete second hand one that someones got bored with

Ardiuno Mega you can get for as little as £ 12

I'm selling RGB LED strips for £ 50 a length

so, yes about £ 80 all told.

It's light painting Dave, the Arduino is programmed to display a row of 64 LEDs one column at a time as you move the wand, so 'paintning' the image onto the camera sensor.

It's light painting Dave, the Arduino is programmed to display a row of 64 LEDs one column at a time as you move the wand, so 'paintning' the image onto the camera sensor.

LOL I know what it is and does, I asked do you need software to programme it or does the Arduino come with software that you put on the PC to programme

Back