New Old Film Challenge #2 Show Us Your Best Holiday Photograph - Discussion thread

Cool, I like this. Time to go on a hunt through the archives.

Ooh, the hunt is on!

Is it supposed to be holiday-esq

Those of us that work for a living find that 80% of their pictures are shot on holiday, but you wouldn't necessarily know it..:)

Brilliant choice of subject, I have a great shot in mind now I just need to find it.

As the thread starter I'm happy to take the executive decision that the photo doesn't have to have been taken on an 'official' holiday so long as it means something to you.

Show us the best shot for you :0)

Last edited:
I haven't got any 'holiday' snaps taken on film by me, but I do have one I am fond of taken on a day out at the seaside, is that allowed?

course it is, 1 day out, 14 days out, its still a holiday :)

ish gods, I gots millions of bodacious velvia beach pictures, I dunno what's good I can't see past velvia.
If its shot on 100F, its beautastic, it doesn't seem to matter what's in it....lol

........so long as it means something to you.......

Show us the best shot for you :0)

That's what its gonna have to be, something that means something, not necessarily...."best"

What an easy subject but sooo difficult to find something different from the usual record shot...but I have a few.

Well Brian, I hoped it would be a subject we can all enter something for. I just hope it's not so easy that there's no competition against your entry ;0)

Good luck
Steve

That's what its gonna have to be, something that means something, not necessarily...."best"

Sounds like a good plan, "best" is relative to our own minds and ideas. It can be technically your best shot where you've nailed Velvia exposure or just mean the most to you like TheBigYin's great shot of his Mum and Dad because of who they are.

Have fun with it.

Cheers
Steve

Ok, I think it's nearly time to close the thread for voting. I'll put up a voting thread tomorrow morning to give everyone the rest of today to get their favourite pictures up on the entries thread.

Cheers
Steve

Oh please, can we wait a day or two? I've been without my Mac for over 3 weeks, got the replacement late Friday and there's been all sorts of restore, update and library recovery going on all day! I can put something up tomorrow I'm sure... Please :help:

OK, managed to find one and get it up, I'm OK now, panic over!:runaway::)

78170-wrestling-dude-YES-gif-H7Yh.gif

^^^ WHS ^^^ (for more reasons than one! Getting a 3 year old 8GB MacBook Pro non-retina replaced with a 16GB, SSD, retina 2014 MacBook Pro is almost worth the hassle and extended wait, frustrating as it was!):banana::banana::)

^^^ WHS ^^^ (for more reasons than one! Getting a 3 year old 8GB MacBook Pro non-retina replaced with a 16GB, SSD, retina 2014 MacBook Pro is almost worth the hassle and extended wait, frustrating as it was!):banana::banana::)

That, my friend is a RESULT..

Ok, I think it's nearly time to close the thread for voting. I'll put up a voting thread tomorrow morning to give everyone the rest of today to get their favourite pictures up on the entries thread.

Cheers
Steve

Huh! What's the hurry you only started it on Nov 23rd and I thought it would run for one month so I've missed the boat (vote) again :rolleyes:

Well I reckon we should have a vote on the length of time before the vote :D:D:D:D

We've had one and we voted to vote before you had time to read the thread

We could have a vote on whether to have a vote on the length of time before we vote, but we'd need to do a poll and vote on that first, if we voted in favour of the vote for a vote on whether to lengthen the time before we vote, then that vote can be forwarded to a mod to make the final decision.
Either way, I'll be dead long before the poll so I think we should vote on whether the poll could actually take place since the people acting on that poll haven't been born yet.

:)

I vote we have a vote

But... I've already voted... :thinking:

What about a vote that the winner from the current vote puts the subject up again for all those who missed the vote (and of course also the ones who were in time to be voted on) so they can get their shots up to be voted on.

Last edited:
This was always meant to be a quick challenge. Since there is no need to go out and shoot anything you only have to dig through your archives, scan it and post it. It's also been started so that we can run it through the winter when opportunities to shoot are few and far between, particularly for fair-weather shooters like me.

As always with these things if you want it done differently start a challenge yourself and set your own rules.

Something like "your 2nd best\favourite holiday shot" ;)

I vote we get the vote started :D
Should we start a poll so we can decide whether we need to vote or not?

I formally abstain due to lack of an opinion and no option to vote accordingly. Now what are we voting on? Perhaps it should be a referendum... :D

opinion polls might not be featured in the new forum software

and who knows how Marcels kids will implement it, if its a "like" button, I'll be happy to be dead...:)

Back