New Old Film Challenge #3 - Power - Entries Thread

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Ok - show us your POWER shots! (No, not the Canon compacts - well, if you must)

Closing date 19th December.

Power Differential. Yashica Mat, Kodak T-Max 100
11275176414_a76359df90_b.jpg

Copied this from a 4X5 etrs print.

The power of the longbow, 15 shots/minute that could pierce thin armour..in the early wars with the French they had no answer to this weapon and just like Hannibal in Roman times, the French refused to meet an English army and shut themselves up in their castles, so the English roamed up and down France plundering the countryside, and of course grabbing land that was held until near the end of the hundred year's war.
Wellington realised the value of the longbow (15shots/min) against mass French infantry and cavalry and asked if there were any longbow men, and was told there were none.

Last edited:
Steam at its best.

Kent show 2012, Nikon F3,Sigma 24mm and Portra 160V.

Geothermal power...

North Island New Zealand, 1974, Kodachrome, Pentax Electro-Spotmatic, probably Takumar 55mm f/1.8

We modeled our 3 week driving tour of NZ on the coach tour itineraries, which worked really well except they (and therefore we) spent 4 nights in the geothermal regions of central North Island, which was a bit much. I'd rather have been off among some mountains. However, there were some very unusual sights and sounds, to say the least.

OK, this one will have to do for me for this one. A local photographer lent me a Mamiya c330 a few years ago, I put one roll of film through it before he asked for it back as he had found out how much it was worth and found a buyer :LOL:

Anyway, the Thames, up at Kingston and some oar-some power!! Yeah, I'll get my coat :oops: :$

27410004 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

61264 Thompson Class B1 at Grosmont.

Contax 139 and XP2

Back