New Old Film Challenge #4 Show Us Your Best Christmas Shot Entries thread.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
New Old Film Challenge #4 Show Us Your Best Christmas Shot

So ho, ho, ho and dig out your best tinsel, bauble or Grandad wearing a pair of reindeer antlers having a nap after Christmas lunch shot, anyway you know the type of thing.

And if there's anybody out there that wants to take part but doesn't have access to a scanner I'd be happy to scan the occasional negative if needed.

Closing date for entries will be Saturday 3rd January and voting will close 3 days after that.

Well I dunno if it's my best Xmas shot going back 98 years ;) but you have to admire this person's effort to produce a great show:-

A poor effort but the only chrismassy one I have. Nikon F100, Nikon 24mm f2.8 and trusty old Agfa Vista 200.
Deco2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Like Andy, I can only find one from the archive, tho' no-where near as good as his. This was a snap from 1988, in our house in Highbury, Adelaide, of my 2 older children (*1) sitting in front of a rather makeshift Christmas tree (*2), with many home-made decorations. I can't work out why they are wearing warm pyjamas as Christmas in Adelaide is usually pretty warm (25-30 degrees being relatively cool days, and if the nights go below 20 degrees C that's just brilliant!). It looks like a flash shot, possibly taken with a compact camera of some kind, probably the brilliant Mamiya U that my wife had (a great little zone focus camera).

*1 The 3rd was not yet born, or "still dead" for another 2 years, as they used to say!
*2 The sort of spruce and other trees we use for Christmas trees don't grow in Oz, so we generally had to make do with Radiata pine, vastly more open in structure and even more prone to dropping needles.

Christmas 2009, its as christmassy a picture as I can find, don't seem to have much time for shooting at Christmas, might have been a Boxing Day dog walk, I can't remember..

jeez its time we got another dog :/

image.png

Back