New Old Film Challenge #5 Show Us Your Best Sporting Shot Discussion Thread

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
On your marks, get set, discuss!

Oh, I've defo got something for this one.

Bugger. Not got anything for this either!
Really Suz, nothing at all you can shoehorn into the theme? Considering most people manage to fit their shots into these challenges with the most tenuous of links there must be something in the archives :(

difficult one as I only only have a few...but will post something.

Doubtful. Don't think i even have one of the dog with a football but I'll check just in case :)

Oh this is a nightmare! I have one rather nice shot that's a little tangential to the theme, and another that's bang on theme but maybe not so interesting. Decisions.

Oh this is a nightmare! I have one rather nice shot that's a little tangential to the theme, and another that's bang on theme but maybe not so interesting. Decisions.
Create a TP alter ego and enter them both :naughty:

excellent... in that case, i'm in.

Oh : and the "Challenge Sticky" has now been updated as well (as I'm on a proper computer rather than the tablet now...)

I've just entered my shot but was torn between a couple of others;

OM10/50mm 1.4 on Agfa Vista. Although it looks like Photoshop trickery, the two strips of negs were actually scanned together at an angle so apart from a slightly adjusted white balance this is 'out of camera'

Olympus OM10 - 50/1.4 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Same technique but converted to B&W

Olympus OM10 - 50/1.4 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Another version of my entry but taken from next to the car

OM10 - 50/1.4 - Fuji C200 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

As part of our sponsorship deal I also got to go on a Lotus factory tour day including spending a few hours learning how to do a 4 wheel change and racing 3 other teams :0) I know I'm taking the F&C thread off course but thought you guys into motorsport might appreciate the shots (definitely the best benefit I've received from working for Unilever for 13 years!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevelloyd/sets/72157635891723904/

Day 11 - Sept 25th by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

I have one I quiet like from my trip in Paris last July. I'll put it later :)
Is it only one picture per person?

Last edited:
I have one I quiet like from my trip in Paris last July. I'll put it later :)
Is it only one picture per person?

Yes, just the one per person.

Apologies for the late bump for this challenge, if there's any more to come just let me know, otherwise I shall close it tonight :D

I dunno what you two are on about, looks great to me, its absolutely of the time.

Its odd that the kool kidz are applying instagram "filters" to their pictures to mimic film shot years ago, and here we are doing the opposite, a kinda anti-hipster like.

Well, it takes all sorts, its not something I'd mess with but I suppose its no different to rescuing a badly exposed frame......kind of, "badly manufactured film rescue" ??

:)

Back