New to Macro

Edit My Images
No
I have been a newby for two year now and have just started to take interest in Macro, having purchased a close up lens (Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS) I still wanted to get closer, last week I purchased a true Macro lens (Sigma 150 2.8 DG HSM Macro) My question is, would close up rings get me even nearer when using them with either lens, specially my 150 2.8 macro, or would I be wasting money, other ideas welcome please.

I have been a newby for two year now and have just started to take interest in Macro, having purchased a close up lens (Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS) I still wanted to get closer, last week I purchased a true Macro lens (Sigma 150 2.8 DG HSM Macro) My question is, would close up rings get me even nearer when using them with either lens, specially my 150 2.8 macro, or would I be wasting money, other ideas welcome please.

i dont know much about modern lenses...but when i used rings usually it was on a prime lens...mainly a macro computed lens with a flat viewing field
so the 150/2.8 should be ok with a set of rings
one can always turn a lens around..a standard 50mm (35mm equivalent) to give a cheap way to macro...but only on manual focus and no electronic relays...
as i recall

A standard set of extension tubes (if that is what you mean) on your 150 would double the magnification approximately. I use extension tubes with my macro lenses and they are really useful, I sometimes use one on my 400mm to decrease the nearest focussing distance too when I need to. Raynox filters only fit filter threads up to 67mm so if I am correct the 150 is 72mm so it won't fit that lens.

Back