New Toy

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Got a deal on an X-T1 today. Didn't go out with any intent of picking one up, but quite fancied something a bit smaller & lighter.

Any one tried the new 35mm f1.4 ? Seems a good price and I think it will make a nice package with the body.X-T1.jpg

Very nice Steve. Lot's of help available in the X-T1 owners thread if you need it.

Wen you say "the new 35mm f1.4", did you mean the f2? The f1.4 is the older lends. I use the 27mm f2.8 myself which makes a very light and compact package if you don't need the bigger apertures.

The guy in the first store I went in today said the F1.4 was fairly new.. Haven't had a chance to play yet, and I bought it with the 18-55, but fancied the 35mm to go with it, although the 23mm 1.4 sounds interesting too.

The plan is to keep this kit lightweight, so I may add one or two lenses, but that will be it. As I mentioned, I fancy the 35mm f 1.4, and maybe the 18mm f2, or the 27mm f2.8. My friend has a good mix of lenses for the X range, so I can give one or two of his a "try before I buy" :)

I'm keeping my 6D & 7D2, but will probably let my 7D1 go.

Nice. XT-1 + 35mm 1.4 was in my sights for a while. Decided to keep the X100T though for now. I know I'd end up buying a load of lenses I'd rarely use if I got it...

I'm trying to resist the temptation. 35mm along with the 18-55 "should" be fine for now. I have a case load of Canon kit inc a 70-200 f2.8, 300 f4 and a sigma 150-600 Sport so I don't need big lenses. However, I bet another zoom will end up in my bag at some point, along with a bigger flash.....

I'm trying to resist the temptation. 35mm along with the 18-55 "should" be fine for now. I have a case load of Canon kit inc a 70-200 f2.8, 300 f4 and a sigma 150-600 Sport so I don't need big lenses. However, I bet another zoom will end up in my bag at some point, along with a bigger flash.....

You'll be able to share the flash with the canon, which is nice.
I use a YongnuoYN560-IV with wireless triggers ( canon fit ) on my X100T. Works a treat for off camera flash ( in manual mode)

Back