New York Skyline

The exposure, composition etc are all perfect (y) using the posts to lead you into the scene works perfectly, the only thing that is going to/would have improved it is to shoot it earlier in the evening so that there were still some colour in the sky aka blue hour

Edit: a tiny bit of barrel distortion correction wouldn't go a miss :)

Last edited:
I love that, Phil. Would happily stick that on a wall

Loving the both but number 1 is something pretty special!

Wow pretty much sums it up. Gotta love the New York cityscape

Not a New York fan but love your first photo.

That first one is superb :clap:

I think the first image is a really nice shot. I do think it could be improved with a slight correction of the verticals, a reduction of the exposure by about 1/2 a stop which would draw the eye further into the frame. Also I would be tempted to crop a bit of the LHS.

Veryyyy nice photo.:plus1:

Yeah agree with most no1 is a cracker, very well shot & composed. Looks to be a bit of detail in the sky too.

Steve

First is lovely, when I was in NY I shot from the park/pier opposite. It's good because you can capture more of the skyline, but you lose foreground interest, which is what holds this shot together.

Seen these for the first time today, they really are fantastic shots Phil.:clap:

So I edited that first shot recently ready for it printing on Canvas - both images are now in the first post

What do you think?

I like the colours and composition on those first two, but F9 is a bit shallow - for me anyway. I would have shot at F16 maybe even F18 to suck all that detail in the background. I think if you're getting a fairly large print done, you might be disappointed when its on the wall and you're close to it and theres not much detail. I do like the pics, just some more detail would just top the icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing and Im very envious that you went to NYC, I'll go. One day lol.

That would have got an ugly pier in the shot

Many thanks for the comments everyone, it's great to see these going down well :)

point taken!
if you go back try to photograph the pulaski skyway from jersey city to new york via the holland tunnel
its a way out but an extreme piece of steel bridge building
cheers
geof

So many interesting things to photograph in NYC - I wish we'd walked back over the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhatten that evening, I've seen some nice shots from that viewpoint too

Back