Newbe

D

davy

Hi All,

Just thought that I'd introduce my self and say hello, this is the Hook Lighthouse in Ireland, I've taken a LOT of pictures of this over the years but I think that this one is my favorite.

I've just been reading about HDR on here and although I didn't know it at the time I used this technique to keep the highlights in the sky.

Thanks for looking, Davy

img_1603_copy.jpg

hi davy and welcome! :)

Unfortunately, the picture you posted isn't loading for me. :(

Right click on the broken cookie symbol and click on "show picture", and voila ! A remedy till Davy can fix the upload ;)

C Tigress

'Show picture' does not work for me in IE6 but pasting the url in a new window did - once. Now I can't see it again :thinking:

Fixed it for now I think. I'm not sure why the img tags don't work? :shrug:

LOL No I haven't.

Strange... it works posted into the browser

I get a big "403 - Forbidden" :D

I get a big "403 - Forbidden" too :(

Found it in my browser cache.

As the edit box is ticked I've uploaded it to the forum. Had to re save it to make the file size smaller. Apologies if the quality suffered.

img_1603_copy_1_.jpg

Nice shot, great colours, looks a bit magical

wow. love the colours on that pic! :) like the buildings in the distance too. but, are they oversharpened? (I see halos around the buildings?)

Owh, and I was really happy with myself thinking that I had gotten the picture post right (it showed up in the preview thingy). I think that the Haylos are because I haven't mastered the HDR Technique properly.

Thanks again, Davy

Owh, and I was really happy with myself thinking that I had gotten the picture post right (it showed up in the preview thingy). I think that the Haylos are because I haven't mastered the HDR Technique properly.

Thanks again, Davy

Seems likely. I think the sky is a tad blown out too.

I can see there may be a few things that you could do with it to make it technically perfect/better, but I think as it stands you've done a really good job.

OK it's got a bit of a colour cast, and the sky is blown a bit, but it's still a cracking shot, and very very pleasing to look at. (y)

Back