Newbie flash advice

Name
Jide SObo
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm thinking about buying my first flash for my 400D and I'd appreciate any advice people might have. It'll probably be used on camera most of all but I'd like the option to be able to use it off camera too.

I'm considering the Cullmann D4500-c for £169 or the 430ex or 580ex. Does anybody have any experience with the Cullmann?

Thanks

If you want a good price for a flash get in touch with kerso on this site you will get a good price and get £40 cash back from canon on the 580 ex 11Let us know which you choose and why
Bob

If you can't stretch to the Canon models, I have a dedicated Sigma unit with tilt & swivel which was about £110 (I think) and works very well.

Can't comment on any other 3rd party units, but I am considering adding a 580 to the "bundle" when I buy my 40D next month. It's a very versatile flash gun.

Steve

to beginer of flash, i think one 430EX is great, if not one 550EX is good too. the 580EX is expensive. important to shot with flash is how to control the direction and level of light, so you dont need one flashgun so fast and complicated like 580 or 580II . just stay calm and try 420 or 430EX. (cheaper and great to begin lighting studio )

I'm picking up a 580EX MkII from kerso this weekend (fingers crossed) for £225 and then get another £40 back from Canon, might be worth you dropping him a line?

Back