Newcastle Quayside

Clear night time shots, well done...

Andrew it is a stunning place to visit on a night you should get yourself up north :)

No1 is superb, well captured (y)

Great clear reflections, don't think I've seen them that sharp before in these scenes.

#1 the top of the arch is a little close to the frame for my liking and in #2 the strong light/flare in the top right hand side is distracting. As ever both shots could be improved by shooting earlier in the evening for the blue hour skies.

Agree with Mark regarding the comment on picture one otherwise great shots.

Thanks for the c/c it is much appreciated if i am not told where i could be going wrong i will never get better :)

i will do another edit on the bottom one but i cant do much with the top one

I liked it originally but I think without the flare that's taken it up by 20% :)

Great shots, I've never seen the Tyne that still, especially with it being so windy over the last few months. I'll pay a visit when I'm next up there, till then I'll have to settle for the Tees :confused:

Crop if #2 works better

You could increase the canvas size at the top in one and add black but if you can return on another windless night I would shoot the scene again a little earlier to get a midnight blue sky rather than black:)

Thanks guys going earlier is not an option as yet, plus there are loads of people milling about, i am not keen on getting all my gear out when it is to busy, not that it is worth that much :(

Nice work.

Lovely shots mate - well done!

I would disagree with the poster above ..... the Tyne is very often quite still, producing some lovely reflections!!!

Anth

Back