Newcastle upon Tyne Quayside

Edit My Images
Yes
Three pictures taken on or near the quayside in Newcastle in March 2015. Film was Fuji C200 developed in Digibase C41 and printed onto Fuji RA4 paper with Fuji CPRA developer. The camera was my Nikon F6 using my 20/35 and 28/105 lenses.
1. The millennium bridge of better known to us Geordies as the 'Blinking Eye'
2. This is the the Trinity House watchtower where the Customs men used to keep watch on vessels coming up stream ready to go and check the cargo.
3. A local and superb cafe that sell bacon sand-witches to die for ironically the name on the cafe should describe the building next door. That was just a gift waiting to be recorded. (sorry about the spelling mistake in the title)

Attachments

• MIllenium Bridge (AKA The Blinking Eye).jpg
    MIllenium Bridge (AKA The Blinking Eye).jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Trinity House Watch Tower.jpg
    Trinity House Watch Tower.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 'Shouold have gone to Specsavers'.jpg
    'Shouold have gone to Specsavers'.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
The Red House spent many nights photographing a local band in there Hp5 at iso 3200 developed in microphen undiluted for 16mins if my memory serves me right.

The downside of the Quayside is it is the chosen nesting place of thousands of Kittiwakes during the spring and the place literally stinks. I have no doubt that it is a breeding place for bird flu as well so their number may have dropped off. I think also they will find that their home will be disturbed because the Tyne Bridge where most of them nest underneath is to have its first overhaul for around half a century and repaint in the near future so they may take the advantage and make the site less attractive to them.
A search on tinternet indicates the types of diseases that can be passed on by Kittiwake poo which can seriously affect humans,

Last edited:
Back