Newcomer

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, just joined. Live in central France, have spent years taking pictures, and in view of the opportunites around here became interested in becoming a photographer. Looking forward to hearing how others do it and picking up some tips.

Hi Mike :welcome: to the forum

Lots of helpful people here who I am sure can help you (y)

Hi Mike, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Hello and a very warm :welcome: to you.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum. There are a number of us spread around France. I’m in 66. Good luck with your new venture.

Graham.

Welcome, I'm in PACA 83 there's another in the 06 on here and and one in the west.
What type of photography are you into?

Hi Graham, not sure what those PACA is but thanks for your welcome. Resident in 23 quite near Montlucon, I'm interested in landscape photography, run a D80 with minimal accessories and currently obsessed with getting the exposure right for sky/clouds for effect. (see beginners forum Arty Filters). Usually only take photographs on holiday and usually disappointed with the results. It came as a hard truth so late in life that while I have good grounding in the technicalities of film photography, digital is a game changer and I am not a photographer, just a picture taker. Lending my camera to my son-in-law 4 or 5 years ago while he was here on holiday was a wake up call. He took some fantastic shots straight off knowing little about photography. He has gone on to take some beauties, proficient in the art but a bit short in the science (computer knowledge excepted). Never really been on a photo shoot. I am also into motor cycles (47 in all during my life). Been a member here for 48 hours and gobsmacked with the welcome and help.

Hi Graham, not sure what those PACA is but thanks for your welcome. Resident in 23 quite near Montlucon, I'm interested in landscape photography, run a D80 with minimal accessories and currently obsessed with getting the exposure right for sky/clouds for effect. (see beginners forum Arty Filters). Usually only take photographs on holiday and usually disappointed with the results. It came as a hard truth so late in life that while I have good grounding in the technicalities of film photography, digital is a game changer and I am not a photographer, just a picture taker. Lending my camera to my son-in-law 4 or 5 years ago while he was here on holiday was a wake up call. He took some fantastic shots straight off knowing little about photography. He has gone on to take some beauties, proficient in the art but a bit short in the science (computer knowledge excepted). Never really been on a photo shoot. I am also into motor cycles (47 in all during my life). Been a member here for 48 hours and gobsmacked with the welcome and help.

LOL is "Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur" i live on the South coast near St Tropez, lived here just over 6 years now.
You will enjoy your time here and you will get lots of help, I did 3 years ago and now ive grown up I have got me a Nikon D750 :D

LOL is "Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur" i live on the South coast near St Tropez, lived here just over 6 years now.
You will enjoy your time here and you will get lots of help, I did 3 years ago and now ive grown up I have got me a Nikon D750 :D
Spent a few years in Bandol area, missing the warm weather[emoji6]

Back