Nightmare subject

Edit My Images
No
This is a shot of our son Louis who, while as cute as can be, ALWAYS frowns or looks away whenever a camera comes out.

Anyway out of about 30 shots this is the only one that remotely resembles a smile:

Little_Man.jpg

Contrast boost and levels adjustment in PP, other than that it's right out of the camera.

C&C welcome.

Very sharp, close up/fills the frame well and very, very cute.

Advantage of baby photography is he'll always be on hand to photograph. Does he not smile when he's playing with stuff?

I must admit when my boyfriend is fiddling with a camera for ages I stop smiling, especially when he's decided to fiddle with my camera :)

Andiphoto - Your work's firewall then! ;)

Tumbleweed, thanks for the feedback. Yeah he's ALWAYS smiling but he's also very perceptive and no matter how much you try to sneak up on him he always stops when the camera comes out!

For this one I had to literally tickle him for 5 minutes until he as screaming with laughter and then quickly grab the camera!

I obviously don't intend to put makeup on him but my only real concern was the shiny forehead he has. I was using direct flast with a Stofen diffuser. Maybe bounce flash would have helped with this?

I'm not seeing it and I'm at home. I use a hardware firewall and I don't have it configured to block any of the image hosting sites.

Bounce flash is far more flattering for children I find. I've tried using direct with my Stofen and it still far to harsh.

Back