Nikon 18-35mm on D700?

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone ever used a 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 on a D700? What were the results like?

I purchased an 18-35 having read the review by Ken Rockwell, who was very positive about this lens.
This was NOT my experience. Maybe I had a bad copy but I found the sharpness to fall off badly towards the edge of the frame and the distortion to be truly horrid. I sold the lens and purchased a used 17-35 f2.8 with which I am very happy.

I purchased an 18-35 having read the review by Ken Rockwell, who was very positive about this lens.
This was NOT my experience. Maybe I had a bad copy but I found the sharpness to fall off badly towards the edge of the frame and the distortion to be truly horrid. I sold the lens and purchased a used 17-35 f2.8 with which I am very happy.

Damn I thought I was going to save some cash here!!!!:bang:

I can vouch for the 17-35 f2.8 too, it's a lovely lens, pin sharp at every aperature and focal length, that's the reason that just about every press photoghrapher uses one :D

Ken rockwell reviews should be avoided like the plague in my opinion

That'll teach you, buying a nice D700 body. It's only as good as the lens you put on the front LOL.

Unfortunately I haven't purchased one yet, but I will soon, definitely before May when I go on Safari!

Looks like I might have to settle on using my 24-60mm until I can afford a 17-35mm.

Cheers mate will have a read when I get home in a bit.

Back