Nikon 24-85 vr lens

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
Yes
I would love a 24-70 lens but out of my budget at the moment, i am using a D700 with primes 50m/85m would i benefit from the above lens for portraits?

What f stop is your 85mm lens? This one is f/4.5 at 85mm so you would get as much dof for one.

Stu, sorry my post is confusing, i love the 85m 1.8. I was thinking of the 24-85 so i could keep the same lens on camera, instead of swapping all the time, is it sharp for portrait work etc.

I have one of these and a d700. Great lens. But I've found myself using my sigma 35mm f1.4 and nikkor 50 a lot recently.

I was just thinking i could use it for family shots, couple shots etc. Without swapping lenses.

Sure the lens would work but not sure you'd 'benefit' as you put it other than not having to swap lenses.

The 85mm prime is one of the, if not THE sharpest lens that Nikon do and in fact I'd go as far as to say the best IMO.

You'd be sacrificing the IQ from that prime for the convenience of not swapping lenses.

So like I said, the benefit really is not needing to swap lenses but it will cost you in terms of performance.

Back