Nikon 70mm 200mm 2.8 repair swm unit

Name
nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I got a Nikon 70mm 200mm 2.8
I sent it to Nikon to repair as Focus locking up after hundred shots they sent it back saying its fine nothing wrong with it a year and a half later after 10 shots it locks up so I sent it back a year later and they're charging me £342 swm unit it like they waited for it to come out of warranty to repair it it's got worse over the year is there any thing I can do thanks

Just in case I've misread. Do you mean that you had the first locking problem 2.5 years ago and Nikon couldn't find anything wrong so sent it back to you. And then 1.5 years later, you tried it out and within 10 shots it locked up and then a year after that (now), you have sent it back for repair and they have now quoted the £342? If that's the case, it's unfortunate as it sounds like the same underlying issue but that's an awful lot of time that's passed by. Have you mentioned the original issue to Nikon this time?

Unfortunately nothing you can do because the service warranty is expire. If you search some of my thread I had a similar problem to you, but my problem is to do with my 28-70 f2.8 lens.

My original problem was the focus motor died so they replace it along with bunch of parts and the bill was £700. Fast forward 1 year and my lens had a problem with focus stuck in infinity and will not move. After the first repair I have not use the lens at all. I send it back to Nikon and they charge me £160 to replace the focus plate (which had been replace before). I paid at the end but I'm keeping my eye on it everyday.

Sorry to say this, nothing you can do about it apart from paying for the repair or find someone else that can repair cheaper.

I got a Nikon 70mm 200mm 2.8
I sent it to Nikon to repair as Focus locking up after hundred shots they sent it back saying its fine nothing wrong with it a year and a half later after 10 shots it locks up so I sent it back a year later and they're charging me £342 swm unit it like they waited for it to come out of warranty to repair it it's got worse over the year is there any thing I can do thanks
As Gad says do you mean you used it, found and issue and sent it in, got it back after having been told it was OK and then didn't use it again for another year or so? If so it's unfortunate, but you should have pushed the issue initially and at least tested it after getting it back from Nikon imo. From Nikon's point of view they would see it as though you've had 12+ trouble free months since sending it in and they were right that there wasn't an issue first time around. As I say, unfortunate for you I'm afraid.

Ye found that had the problem when it was in warranty never mind kids will have to do without this Christmas then lol thanks for all the replies

Ye found that had the problem when it was in warranty never mind kids will have to do without this Christmas then lol thanks for all the replies
You've used the lens twice in 2½ years, but getting it repaired right now is more important than Christmas for the kids? Have I got that right?

Back