Nikon D5200 Exposure Count Down Timer

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
This might seem like a random request or question but I'm sick of using my iPhone as a stop watch and sick of risking loosing my phone (clumsy + cold hands + water + iPhone = disaster)

A friend had a Canon D60 and on the screen it counted how long the shutter was open for the Nikon D5200 doesn't do that but would an Intervalometer do it?

So on the screen of the Intervalometer show how long the shutters been open?

Thanks

You can purchase a intervalometer timer from ebay that you just set the time length you want the shutter out for, it will open the shuuttter count down and close the shutter when the time expires. Of course you will need the camera in bulb to be able to set a shutter speed over 30 seconds.

I personally use trigger trap as I already had it so no extra cost. It still means using your phone which is something you don't want to do.

Last edited:
yeah I've got Trigger Trap and that works great but like you say that's not what I'm after.

On an intervalometer if I leave it on Bulb mode and hold the shutter open will the numbers count up on the intervalometer so I can see how long I've had it open??

Thanks

yeah I've got Trigger Trap and that works great but like you say that's not what I'm after.

On an intervalometer if I leave it on Bulb mode and hold the shutter open will the numbers count up on the intervalometer so I can see how long I've had it open??

Thanks
Sorry I don't know as I don't have one. Does it matter whether it counts up or down? Either way you will know how long the shutter has been open for.

Sorry I don't know as I don't have one. Does it matter whether it counts up or down? Either way you will know how long the shutter has been open for.

Well I suppose it doesn't matter .... I know trigger trap does show so you know how long you've got left!

At the moment if I use my normal cable release and I want say 1 minuet I have to lock it open then use a stop watch to see how long .... So I just wanted a Intervalometer to do the counting like you say if I wanted 1 minuet Id set 1 minuet and that's how long it would go for I just wanted to be able to see how much of that 1 minuet was left

Thanks any way

Back