Nikon D700 too heavy alternative?

Name
Ray
Edit My Images
Yes
Currently I have a Nikon D700,with a grip which I hardly take anywhere as it's heavy
I could remove the grip but the dial on the camera is broken and the grip one works
A fix/service would sort it but I am thinking that I could sell it and add less than the service costs to a lighter body
I love the quality of the D700 which is soo much better than my old d5200
I have even looked at a Canon d5 mk 2 or 3
Any other ideas?

Ray , have it fixed they are a great camera with legendry status in the Nikon world , The reason its heavy is the build quality
Lighter bodies are made from plastic / composites ,

Do you use it with a wide strap around your neck ? or hand hold it all the time ?

Canon 5D mk 3 will be just as heavy

Last edited:
Were you thinking of keeping hold of your current lenses? The D610 and D750 are lighter than the D700 but still offer the full frame sensor and no need to change lenses. IQ should increase again over your D700 too. Both can be had for good money now.

I can only speak for the D750 as that’s what I have, and it’s better in most aspects over the D700. My old D700s were no slouches but the newer camera is just a bit better across the board adding up to one big improvement :)

Last edited:
Ray , have it fixed they are a great camera with legendry status in the Nikon world , The reason its heavy is the build quality
Lighter bodies are made from plastic / composites ,

Do you use it with a wide strap around your neck ? or hand hold it all the time ?

Canon 5D mk 3 will be just as heavy

I use a wide shoulder strap most of the time,the type that attaches to the bottom and swivels
Will look at the d750
Thanks for the reply’s

Back