Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just won a D7000 on ebay

Nikon D7000

16.4 megapixel camera takes excellent pictures

Only taken 117,469 pictures

Is that alot of shutter actuations?

I did win the auction for £299, bit concerned he wants to post it second class untracked.

Smiff

That's quite high tbh.

Brand new UK stock are less than £510 now (with the nikon cash-back`scheme)

" bit concerned he wants to post it second class untracked. "

I would not be happy about this.

Sellers risk. Not properly insured unless sent RMSD.

Not the sign of a good seller though!

Heather

Last edited:
I wouldn't have bought it with such a high shutter count but I wouldn't worry too much about the postage with buying through ebay and the ebay buyer protection scheme. The worst that could happen is that arrives damaged or not arrive at all, either way, if its either of those, start up a dispute case with ebay, the vast majority of cases are decided in the buyers favour and you will get your money back.

He says the postage was an "error" and it will be sent tracked, no box or instructions, it does seem high. Regarding new one for £510 haven't really got that to spend, not at present anyway.

He says the postage was an "error" and it will be sent tracked, no box or instructions, it does seem high. Regarding new one for £510 haven't really got that to spend, not at present anyway.

So long as it is "as described" and you bought it by that description then the seller has done nothing wrong (in ebay's eyes anyway!)

Heather

As a buyer it's mostly in your favour if it goes pear shaped - yeah the shot count is high-ish but for £299 you've snagged a good deal. Actually, a really good deal :)

That's still a good way off the rating that Nikon quote for the shutter. It's just like buying a high mileage car, yes there is more chance of it going wrong compared with a low mileage example but that's why it's cheaper. The reality is you have an excellent camera that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford, enjoy it.

bit concerned he wants to post it second class untracked.

This wouldn't be insured. Royal Mail Special Delivery would insure the parcel as well as track it too. IMO its worth paying for it to be insured.
When it has been posted, ask the seller to provide the tracking number.

It's rated for 150,000 shutter cycles, so almost 118,000 would be considered high. The posting conditions would alarm me a bit too and I'd want it tracked.

I am not happy with the shutter count, although it is cheap, no box or instructions,he does have 100% feedback so thats a plus.I would prefer a lower shutter count. It was al dependant on selling my old camera, a friend wants it but I have to wait for 2 weeks, so money is an issue now.

If you've already won the auction, does that not mean you've already committed to buying?

I am not happy with the shutter count, although it is cheap, no box or instructions,he does have 100% feedback so thats a plus.I would prefer a lower shutter count. It was al dependant on selling my old camera, a friend wants it but I have to wait for 2 weeks, so money is an issue now.

So you are now not going to pay the seller? if not I suggest you report it to him and ebay asap, nothing worse than a let down buyer on ebay.

Yes it does, but my friend said she would buy my old camera last week, but now she cant until end of next week so there is nothing I can do, I do still want it as it's a very good price, but there is nothing I can do for a couple of weeks.

Yes it does, but my friend said she would buy my old camera last week, but now she cant until end of next week so there is nothing I can do, I do still want it as it's a very good price, but there is nothing I can do for a couple of weeks.

Shouldn't be bidding, if you're not in a position, to pay the agreed price :nono:

So you are now not going to pay the seller? if not I suggest you report it to him and ebay asap, nothing worse than a let down buyer on ebay.

This!

Buy winning the auction, you've entered into a contract to buy the camera. Even disregarding this, it's common courtesy to let the seller know asap. They'll probably be a lot more understanding if you're honest and let them know quickly.

I have to agree. Poor form indeed. You are at best now wasting the seller's time and at worst costing them money to have to relist.

Please let us have your ebay user name so I can add you to my list of non paying bidders.

Remind me not to deal with you on here, its outright dishonest and happened to me here a couple of weeks ago for £2375, you didnt have the money and deceived the seller by bidding, i think youre using the no money as an excuse and are just coming round to the belief you bought a duffer high mileage camera and are now trying to get out of the deal

Whatever, your entitled to your opinion however may I just say BEFORE YOU JUDGE SOMEONE, try and find out the OUTCOME first.i did say it was all sorted, but thanks for your reply.

Whatever, your entitled to your opinion however may I just say BEFORE YOU JUDGE SOMEONE, try and find out the OUTCOME first.i did say it was all sorted, but thanks for your reply.

You were judged because you were, by your own admission, bidding on auction that you didn't have the money for.

Everything else is the noise, including 'All sorted'. That is completely irrelevant. How can you not see that?

In short; committing to a deal that you can't honour = a tool, fairly blunt one.

"All sorted" doesn't give people an idea of how you supposedly "sorted" it? Did you buy it/decide to not pay/cancel the transaction and allow the seller to retrieve their fees from eBay? With this info, perhaps other members wouldn't be disgruntled with your buying practises.

Just seems like a situation of not a great seller, and a buyer with buyer's remorse because they couldn't afford it in the first place.

Its a company and we have done a trade deal with my old d3100 and some of my lenses I dont use so yes I've bought it, and paid for it

Back