Nikon D7100 Pricing???

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Shopping around for a D7100 at the minute, looked at mpb photographic and they have a used body for £724.00, checked ebay and they have a new one for £679.00.

Am I missing something? Is the ebay one dodgy or are mpb just not that competitive at the minute?

Thanks

Without looking I'm guessing the ebay ones is a grey import and you'll get stung with import tax when it arrives. Unless the ebay option is from an eu seller, in which case the one from mpb is over priced.

Without looking I'm guessing the ebay ones is a grey import and you'll get stung with import tax when it arrives. Unless the ebay option is from an eu seller, in which case the one from mpb is over priced.
Just had a look and the seller is from Malta but the item location is listed as Sunbury UK. Not sure what way that leaves it to be honest...?

Yep the above with Nikon's cashback deal is pretty good, just read the terms and conditions first as I seem to remember Nikon have a funny idea of 'cash'.

£625 at hdewcameras

Yep the above with Nikon's cashback deal is pretty good, just read the terms and conditions first as I seem to remember Nikon have a funny idea of 'cash'.

Don't see why anyone has a problem with the cashback Visa card system that Nikon do?

Surely you just buy your food shopping or petrol with it and pocket the money you would of spent??

Don't get what the issue is??

funny idea of cash? yep its called a voucher. :)

Thanks for the replies folks. Wasn't aware there was a "grey import" market for cameras. Been doing lots of searching and reading on here and I think I'm a bit more up to speed with it all now. Probably be inclined to order from DigitalRev, mainly due to the fact they are an advertiser here and it's one more point of contact should any issues arise.

mainly due to the fact they are an advertiser here and it's one more point of contact should any issues arise.

Not really sure that carries any weight in reality :thinking:

Being an advertiser on here has no benefits of added security at all... you won't get any special treatment. There are plenty of threads in their section about disgruntled customers and there has been no preferential help.

The service from digital rev is great by all accounts until a problem arises which starts to cost you money shipping it back to them or where ever. Fair enough it usually gets refunded but it's still an outlay that people may not be able to afford at the time (sods law etc). Just worth noting.

Good luck with your quest! :)

Can't see the point in buying a grey import with the current cashback. Clifton Cameras throw in a 16GB card and a nice Nikon camera bag which in John Lewis was £40. £738 after cashback with 2 year UK warranty. Look around the net there have been a few issues with the D7100 that needed warranty work.

I'll repeat my earlier but hdew have it at £625 with a 3 year warranty. Their website says it includes a 16gb card but that may have been boxing day only ( although it's still listed now )

Of course, it's your choice

amazon currently have a box open body £714 still full warranty and cashback should be ok

Never heard of them but reviews seen very hit and miss

If you're flying before the cashback off ends, Dixons Duty-Free (I flew from Stansted) have the body only for £789 and you can pick up the SB-700 flash for an extra £114 when purchased with the camera - total £140 cashback - they would also do the 35/1.8 @ £130...

Back