Nikon D750 & D780

I love having stuff in the centre of pictures, it may break the rules as such but if it looks good it looks good :)
It avoids making photos look obviously composed too, which is why I do it a lot. If I don't have a good reason to put a main subject off-centre I stick it in the middle.

Last edited:
Funnily enough it has sat on my PC like that for a week or so. Decided to have another look at it this morning and went with this in the end.

For me, i wish it was a little more central in between the two darker blobs on the crash carrier. I'd also like a touch more on the left to even up the white section with that on the right. I've actually added more canvas to the bottom, glad to hear it was a good move. :LOL: I liked the way the blue and white matched the blue and white in the background too. The original is a little meh tbh.

Also... the 50 has arrived. :D

Go Away!
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Haha well I still really like it mate. Try portrait and add a lump of black at the bottom, and I reckon it would make a great card :)

50 is looking good (y)

I've been trying to up my game a little and try to become a little more creative. Admittedly this was done in post, but I'm about 60% happy with this. It's nowhere near where i want to be and it could be ALOT better though i think.

Donington Historic Festival 2016

This I like very much Sir, as others have mentioned it could do with a tad cropped from the left & bottom. But certainly not too much as then it would loose a lot of the creativeness which would obviously spoil the effect you are after.(y)

"Just my 5 cents worth of opinion".:D:D

George.

Had a bit of time on my hands at work ;) :sneaky:

DSC_2753_zpstc7uvpza.png

(PS Hope I'm not offending by defacing your work, just abit of fun? :p Will remove if so.)

I've been trying to up my game a little and try to become a little more creative. Admittedly this was done in post, but I'm about 60% happy with this. It's nowhere near where i want to be and it could be ALOT better though i think.

Donington Historic Festival 2016
This is a wallpaper pic. Really nice processing. Noticed some comments on the framing and comp and it is to each his own and nothing right or wrong about it.
I would have kept bit more negative space on the left with the car close to the right to give the impression of a fast-moving car leaving the blank space behind. But this is also nice with bit of symmetry.

This is a wallpaper pic. Really nice processing. Noticed some comments on the framing and comp and it is to each his own and nothing right or wrong about it.
I would have kept bit more negative space on the left with the car close to the right to give the impression of a fast-moving car leaving the blank space behind. But this is also nice with bit of symmetry.

Cheers buddy, appreciate your thoughts.

Weather permitting I'll be out with the 50mm tomorrow. The sharpness of this thing is incredible.

Cheers buddy, appreciate your thoughts.

Weather permitting I'll be out with the 50mm tomorrow. The sharpness of this thing is incredible.

Yes the 50mm 1.8g as always been my fave lens lightweight too

Ahh you got the art. You lucky bugger. Yup it a very sharp lens

I'm going to be putting the 85mm f/1.8G to good use this evening... My Better Half has agreed to let me do an art nude shoot with her this evening. :)

It's a shame I won't be able to post the results in this thread. ;)

Completely away from Nude and Glamour, my new 150-600 sigma arrived yesterday and i got out for a few test shots this afternoon. Seems to be ok, hopefully will produce some decent shots on Monday as we are away to the Irish equivalent of the Farne islands or Skomer. The Saltee Islands lie off the coast of County Wexford and contain major colonies of Puffins, Gannets, Gulls, Cormorant etc. It is a 200 mile drive each way so hopefully worthwhile.

150-600 test 3 (1 of 1)
by Philip Blair, on Flickr

150-600 test 2 (1 of 1)

150-600 test (1 of 1)

the nikon 70-300 vr may be worth looking at. They go for around £200 used which is good value considering their performance. The 70-200 f4 or 300 f 4 af-s (non vr) could be another to look at but it depends what your budget is and what you call not very expensive.

There's a Tamron 70-300vc for sale in the classifieds which is worth a shout.
For the money it comes pretty highly rated amongst members here.

Thank you. I will have a look at this option. Ultimately i want to buy a 150-600 and i just wonder if i should keep putting money on the side for this instead of buying another lens.

Back